Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steel Wheels Compatability

Mooresey

Hi I need a new steel wheel for my 55 reg focus and have seen one but its off a 2007 plate car will it fit ok? Its the same dimensions that mine are.

As long as your tyre fits on it, you wont have a problem. Ask the seller to advise the tyre size they currently have / had on it. 2005 focus standard wheels I believe are 205/55 R16V

Generically speaking a wheel is a wheel :) as long as the tyres are exactly the same, profile and alloy (and of course they have the same number of stud holes!) then it should fit.

I dont think the gap between the stud holes is different on any of the fords, I think its the one thing they keep generic.

If it wont cost you anything, jack it up and switch and you will see the best results.

Otherwise if you need a new wheel, go to your local scrappy, I have found them useful many a time, and you can get a decent part at a cheap as chips price!

Being able to swap wheels between one manufacturer and another or even between different models of the same make is not always straight forward.

It's not only the number of studs but where they are in relation to one another. For instance the old Probe five stud wheels won’t fit a Mondeo. You also have to consider the position of the wheel relative to the hub (offset) and the size of the hole in the middle of the wheel which centres the wheel on the axle before you tighten the wheel nuts.

However, www.alloywheels.comlists the wheel data for all the ford models. So, at a glance you can see which ones should be compatible with your car

Being able to swap wheels between one manufacturer and another or even between different models of the same make is not always straight forward.

It's not only the number of studs but where they are in relation to one another. For instance the old Probe five stud wheels won’t fit a Mondeo. You also have to consider the position of the wheel relative to the hub (offset) and the size of the hole in the middle of the wheel which centres the wheel on the axle before you tighten the wheel nuts.

However, www.alloywheels.comlists the wheel data for all the ford models. So, at a glance you can see which ones should be compatible with your car

I stand corrected :) Thanks NewHouse :)

Thanks for that. I was looking for Ford only wheels though.

In all honesty, I would say if your looking to replace, certainly pop to a scrappy. The way cars are written off nowadays for a bump / scratch you can find that the wheels are perfect! some with brand new tyres also...

Do you have the mondeo wheel, and could you just jack it up and check it fits, or are you wanting to know so you can go out and buy one?

In all honesty, I would say if your looking to replace, certainly pop to a scrappy. The way cars are written off nowadays for a bump / scratch you can find that the wheels are perfect! some with brand new tyres also...

Do you have the mondeo wheel, and could you just jack it up and check it fits, or are you wanting to know so you can go out and buy one?

Got some 5 spoke focus now will be fitting them monday when I have time. Thanks all ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club