Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Footwell Lights

pugboy

Fitted my Red Led's in the front, not as bright as the clear white i took out but red now matches the dash lights.

In two minds about my red led strips i brought for the rear , fiting them under the seat would mean attaching them to the seat some how , down side would be moving seat back and forth could damage the wires long term.Not many other places to put them so i may just forget about fitting them. I could fit to the front to make it brighter.

Tried getting the bulb holders out to get better access , but wow they are either very tight or glued haha , so for now just gonna enjoy my new car for a while before i start messing with it.

• 3 weeks later...

Heres a pic of the red LED Bulbs and also where i put the strip leds i got off eBay , picture taken in daylight but you can see where they are , real nice red glow in the dark.

post-22424-0-59718700-1307038438_thumb.j

had 2 spare bulbs in the garage, cost of mod nothing. Bonus

I have a friendly Ford car Salesman lives round the corner....brought bulbs round AND fitted them.....cost, zilch :)

hey pree, i fitted led strips for the rear footwells. on the bottom of the front seats is a metal pole, which is a perfect place for the leds to stick to. also running the wire down and under the guide rails and into the center console is a good place to start to protect the wires lol like i say i have done this and have never ran into problems in my peugeot or ford with damaged wires etc. only thing i have done tho is used loctite super glue to reinforce the sticky bit on the leds...kept on peeling in the cold weather.

JohnH

I was thinking of getting some more strips but run the wire's along the side under the trim and have them at the side , each rear door.

I looked at putting them under the seats but as the red led replacement bulbs i brought were not very bright i put the strips there as well.

I have also thought about some bullet Led's i have seen in Halfords that i might place on center pillars between the doors , they are directional and i could aim the into the rear space.Also the prism red lights x4 look good £7.99.

It would be nice to get hold of a matching courtesy light same as front , "but without alarm sensors" as that has the ambient lights in , but i think the angle would be wrong to shine the lights downwards. To replace the single light in the back.

• 3 weeks later...

I added 4 red leds to the rear of the car , 1 on each quarter light wired to rear curt light and 2 leds on side's of center consol to light the foot well , adds a nice red tint as you open the doors :lol:

Heres some pics:

post-22424-0-99903300-1309015242_thumb.j

post-22424-0-55797400-1309015270_thumb.j

I had a look for these in my 57 1.6 zetec climate and there are no holders just the hole where they should go :-(

got the holders im mine 2008 2.0ltr he duratec manual just need to put a test light there to see if they go!!!!! nice find m8 :D

got the holders im mine 2008 2.0ltr he duratec manual just need to put a test light there to see if they go!!!!! nice find m8 :D

checked for some power their to bulb holders none!! checked wire resistance all good so must be controled buy the GEM module me thinks as all wiring and fuses check out :angry: :angry:

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,

Just picked up my 2010 1.6 Zetec S and I found that i have the bracket but do not have the connections. I only had a quick glance, am going to have a better loot tomorrow and see if i can find anything that may have been hidden.

Hope its there, i want to fit some blue LEDs.

Nick

My 10 (60 plate) Zetec S has the little brackets, but no bulb socket or wiring. They must have taken these out in the 2010 models.

My 2008 zetec has them, after reading this post went out and hey presto, bulbs in sorted

my 2011 Zetec S has the holders i just needed to put the lamps in

• 2 weeks later...

Nice find.

Just found the holders, and wires, on my Focus 1.8TDCi Sport. Suprising really considering the lack of extras on a Sport model yet I have footwell lights, minus the bulbs obviously. Now just to find a nice coloured bulb, amber is so boring.

EDIT: I just was browsing through other forums and I read that some people who have a 6000CD stereo, an aux button but no aux input do actually have the wires for it. Like the footwells with no bulbs all that is missing is for the wire to be connected up in the glove box and the socket.

Just to confirm that my 2005 LX 1.4 Petrol has the same plastic holders wired up and working. Plugged two bulbs I had rattling about, and they work.

Just one comment: the plastic holder actually can "twist and turn" and get out of the metal bracket, so if this happens, just make sure you don't hold the bulb and to the twisting and turning cause you'll end up in a bad place :)

gutted just checked my 2010 zetec S and no joy :( previous owner just wanted the good looks on the outside it seems... iv just got the bracket but nothing for a bulb and no wiring.... any ideas were i can get the housings for the bulbs??? and any ideas how much ford would charge to have this installed.... iv recently replaced most bulbs for LED's and this mod would look the dogs swingers lol

A little heads up. An ideal bulb is an Ultra Blue 1. I got some from Halfords at £4 (a bit pricey) but it finishes the car. Although its Ultra Blue it has a slight green tinge to it so it goes with the rest of the green dash, looks the bees knees.

Hi was wondering if anyone knew if this red plug behind the glove is to plug the wiring for front footwell lights..... 06 zetec climate pack

Have not got the wiring present so took off glove box and found this plug (red) has 6 pins...?

Any ideas from people with the footwell lights most appreciated, colour of footwell wires etc....

post-25115-0-78606700-1313222709_thumb.j

gutted just checked my 2010 zetec S and no joy :( previous owner just wanted the good looks on the outside it seems... iv just got the bracket but nothing for a bulb and no wiring.... any ideas were i can get the housings for the bulbs??? and any ideas how much ford would charge to have this installed.... iv recently replaced most bulbs for LED's and this mod would look the dogs swingers lol

You can get the holders from Fleabay.

You could just run 2 wires from the central curtesy light and down front pillar to the bulb holders , simple job to solder them up and save you an hours labour charge from ford.I would use LEDS to reduces power rating and not bulbs.

I did this with my rear center bulb by adding small Red LEDS near the rear quarter light to light up rear seats with a red glow , looks nice in the dark :P . Also added Red Leds to the back of the center consol which lights up the rear foot wells.

Whiteyy -

EDIT: I just was browsing through other forums and I read that some people who have a 6000CD stereo, an aux button but no aux input do actually have the wires for it. Like the footwells with no bulbs all that is missing is for the wire to be connected up in the glove box and the socket.

No unfortunately the wiring isnt always there, you can buy a kit from Ford for a reasonable price (yes Ford and Reasonable Price where in the same sentence!, no I havent gone mad entirely!) you can then wire it up, as from memory you just slot these plugs into other little slots on the rear of the radio cabling, and once affixed that will give you the ability to listen to AUX.

I saw somewhere on the web many moons ago a "how to" on this, think they did it on a 6000CD on a Focus C-Max - never the less detailed pictures and description, unforutnately I havent been able to find it since...

Thanks for the neat tip, just popped in some bulbs today and looks good.

Haven't got the bulb holders :(

08 1.6 TDCI Focus Style

Popped down to local motor factors at lunchtime, bought 2 bulbs for 67p, popped in, working!

Thanks! (2008 1.6 Zetec 100)