Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Footwell Lights

pugboy

Hi guys,

I too have the sockets and wires in place on my 2009 style 1.6 tdci but no voltage going to them, I take it that it is controlled in the ECU?

Anyone got a solution or is a trip to the dealer required?

Hi Guys, got these on my 1.6 08 style, however do they stay on all the time? or should they go on/off the same as the interior light?

Hi guys,

I too have the sockets and wires in place on my 2009 style 1.6 tdci but no voltage going to them, I take it that it is controlled in the ECU?

I’m in the same situation as yourself mate ive got a 2010 focus manufactured in july

I’ve got the cables leading back to the fuse and the bulbs in the sockets,

Think it needs the ECU programmed to make them work,

why does ford go to the bother of routing the cables and everything not to activate them, doesn’t make sense to me :blink:

My 10 (60 plate) Zetec S has the little brackets, but no bulb socket or wiring. They must have taken these out in the 2010 models.

they may be tied up at the fuse box or under the dash, as i have a 2010 style manufactured in july ad i have all cables and sockets, but no power, :o

Damn you GEM Damn Youuuuu!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Hi was wondering if anyone knew if this red plug behind the glove is to plug the wiring for front footwell lights..... 06 zetec climate pack

Have not got the wiring present so took off glove box and found this plug (red) has 6 pins...?

Any ideas from people with the footwell lights most appreciated, colour of footwell wires etc....

Footwell cables for the bulbs are black and orange mate

• 2 months later...

sorry to bring this topic back up but i have a 2010 focus zetec S 1.8... i have the mounting bracket but no wires, bulbs or bulb holders... i too removed the glove box and found the black and orange cable with plug on the end wrapped up, but couldnt find the wires for the footwell light on driver side... could anyone help me locate these and has anyone been to ford and had a quote to activate their lights??

thanks for your help guys... (n girls if any)

alkyz

• Like 1

Just like to say this is a top tip. £2 lighter after buying some 504 wedge bulbs and I've got more lighting. :)

ok just an update i spoke to ford and they say the footwell lights cant b activated via the ecu lol he said if they dont work then they simply dnt work. so you would have to either connect to fuse box or just run off of an existing cable....

this ford guy also cant find the parts i need

1. the bulb housings for the footwell lights with the length of wire that plugs into the existing cables... and 2. the clear plastic face and bulb holder for adding another light in my boot

if any1 knows were i can get these parts or know the official ford part number this will be greatly appreciated

many thanks

alkyz

• Like 1

Same boat as Lenny, everything is there but no power to them ?? 2008 1.8TDCI Style Face lift. I'll get them working and post up :)

• Like 1

i wonder if you could link footwell lights up to one of the spare sections next to the heated windscreen controls and get a plain button to operate them on and off... that way you could have all ur MOD lights e.g cup holder LEDS rear footwell LEDS all running off on one switch??

• Like 1

i wonder if you could link footwell lights up to one of the spare sections next to the heated windscreen controls and get a plain button to operate them on and off... that way you could have all ur MOD lights e.g cup holder LEDS rear footwell LEDS all running off on one switch??

Ive purchased one of these rocker switches Click Here i plan to fit it in the dash next to the diagnostic port on the drivers side, for the led's

personally think the switch is better out of view B)

good shout lenny i make you right there!! i just need to find the bulb holders now lol

• Like 1

good shout lenny i make you right there!! i just need to find the bulb holders now lol

Heres one lol Click here they are the same as the boot light fitting ;)

oh i didnt know if the mk1 would have a different fixing ill get me some of those i think lol

• Like 1

oh i didnt know if the mk1 would have a different fixing ill get me some of those i think lol

Their all the same mate,

I’ve got a boot light from a 1997 Ford fiesta in the opposite side of the original focus boot light

and they are identical to each other including the bulb socket which is the same as the footwell ones.

mines goin in for service on sat week and im gonna ask them to get them goin for me

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Slight thread resurrection, but just to say thanks for the info, just popped bulbs in my 09 focus tdci and done, plus, just tried my parents 60 mondeo zetec and also a success, just need to get some more bulbs now.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all,

I have the same problem some of you seem to be having, I have bulbs and wiring but no voltage. I went to the dealer and the mechanic went into the ecu and said he couldn't access it as its a UK only feature.

Any way I can access the ecu myself and download the UK ford ecu program and access it myself?

Thanks!

I havnt even got the damn holders.... yet another thing my car dosnt have. I thought the Zetec Climate was resonably specced....

Also after having read through all of this, someone mentioned the AUX socket issue. When I replaced my 6000CD for the facelifted version there appeared to be wiring for the AUX, attached to the multi socket, to the radio, but for the life of me, I cant find the other end. I assumed these were the correct wires, as I found a guide on the net, that gave the colours and pin assignments. Anyone know where the other ends are hidden. I have found the Airbag connector ON/Off, but I have been told there is no point wiring this up, as it needs to be activated via the GEMS unit. Will ford do this????

The deactivation switch for the Focus is £30.71 and needs the system programming that it has one for it to be able to

work, also there is a warning light for the dash which is £42.85.

Whether Ford will activate it and how much i cant say.

If you were to tell them you have triplets and need 3 baby seats they may take pity on you.

I havnt even got the damn holders.... yet another thing my car dosnt have. I thought the Zetec Climate was resonably specced....

Also after having read through all of this, someone mentioned the AUX socket issue. When I replaced my 6000CD for the facelifted version there appeared to be wiring for the AUX, attached to the multi socket, to the radio, but for the life of me, I cant find the other end. I assumed these were the correct wires, as I found a guide on the net, that gave the colours and pin assignments. Anyone know where the other ends are hidden.

I think the cable feeds under the centre console and to the wiring under the passenger seat so as to connect up CD changers but can't be totally sure.

I'm planning to pull the plug from my quadlock this week and fit an Aux cable i've had sitting for a while.

Just the holes in my 07 1.8 TDCI Sport. Is it possible to buy the bulb holders? Am I likely to find the wiring back there somewhere?

Just the holes in my 07 1.8 TDCI Sport. Is it possible to buy the bulb holders? Am I likely to find the wiring back there somewhere?

if you remove the centre panel, you may find the bulb holders bundled behind them but if not then you could purchase some bulb holders

and rn a new power feed from the centre light down the a pillar to the footwells.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T10-Bulb-Holder-Waterproof-Car-Headlight-Socket-W5W-194-/250900389651?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a6ad41f13

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Twin-Core-3A-amp-12V-Black-Red-DC-Power-Cable-per-5m-/170492569100?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item27b226260c

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-RED-T10-194-168-W5W-5-SMD-LED-Car-Light-Bulbs-12V-/220838750647?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item336b03e9b7

Do you mean the centre console by the radio?

yes mate,

if you remove the lower kick panel from either side you may find the bulb holders, but they may have no power going to them if you do find them, mine were their but no power so i run a cable from the centre light to the drivers footwell then spliced both bulb holders in to it, and it performs just the same as factory fit ones do.