Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Footwell Lights

pugboy

I had holders, bulbs and no power , so i powered them down at the fuse box. I 'll post up tomorrow what to do. Saves running wires all over the place......

New to the whole forum but read this thread and wanted to join....

The fact it is 01:42am and I have a 57 reg 1.6 TDCI STYLE (not a zetec etc) is possibly the ONLY reason why I have screamed outside with a torch to find (or not find) these little gems...

If I find them tomorrow I will post here again... if not, I may be too utterly depressed to go on the interweb again :(

yes mate,

if you remove the lower kick panel from either side you may find the bulb holders,

lol i never actually removed the kick plates to look... just wriggled me way into the footwell to have a look lol

for all i know i could have 4 bulb holders down there now lol

Siiigh, anyone want to buy my ford.... you can have it for 50p...there are no bulb holders... so its not worth much :(

Actually scratch that, there are little plastic bits which I assume would be part of the set up, but no wires and nothing for a bulb to plug into in order to receive power....

Because there are the holders I'll up the price to 75p!

Siiigh, anyone want to buy my ford.... you can have it for 50p...there are no bulb holders... so its not worth much :(

Actually scratch that, there are little plastic bits which I assume would be part of the set up, but no wires and nothing for a bulb to plug into in order to receive power....

Because there are the holders I'll up the price to 75p!

Deal , how much for postage :)

lol, well I bought it for £5k so lets say £4999.25 :)

Tis a little annoying though, I know its not the be all and end all but I thought it could be quite a fun little mod.

It's not the end , buy the bits and feed a wire fron your curtesy lights and your be able to up the asking price to £1.25 :) with postage of course

hmmmm I'd love to try but unfortunately I'm not really wire savvy enough to tinker about, I'd be worried I'd do something wrong... :(

You can't really go wrong there are guides showing you on here how to do it , get yourself a voltage tester and you half way there, a few scotch locks and lenth of wire the holders and bulbs.

If i can do it , you can do it , just a matter of going for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just checked my 61 plate MK2.5 tdci. The holder in the footwell is there and it is wired up. Result!

hmmmm I'd love to try but unfortunately I'm not really wire savvy enough to tinker about, I'd be worried I'd do something wrong... :(

Hi mate, are you absolutley, 100% certain the bulbholders aren't there? They are really easy to miss if there isn't any bulbs sticking out of them! :blink:

• 1 month later...

Excellent :0) Just looked in my 2010 Focus Zetec S and blugged bulbs in and all working.

Very happy, many thanks for the heads up :0)

I've had a look but I can't seem to find them. What colour is the wiring? I thought I read somewhere that they're orange and black? If that's the case, how do I get the glove box out 'cos I think I've found them! lol

• 1 month later...

Hi, ive just checked my focus 08 plate and i have these fittings in both driver and passanger sides. i plugged 2 leds in to try and they both worked, which is good but are they meant to just stay on? Even with no keys in they stay lit up. Is this right, Sorry not too hooked up on the interior lighting part. cheers.

I discovered I had bulb holders in their holes in my car the other day, got some bulbs, shoved them in, working a treat.

2008 Focus MK2.5 Zetec 1.6 TDCi

Hi, ive just checked my focus 08 plate and i have these fittings in both driver and passanger sides. i plugged 2 leds in to try and they both worked, which is good but are they meant to just stay on? Even with no keys in they stay lit up. Is this right, Sorry not too hooked up on the interior lighting part. cheers.

they operate in time with the interior roof light,

so when the car is unlocked or a door is opened they will stay illiminated for some time then fade to off.

if you lock the car they will fade to off after around 30-40 seconds.

also while your on the subject of footwell lighting,

why not purchase some 3 led pods for the rear

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380146011854?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp4712.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D380146011854%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

fit them to the top of the rear footwell fan blowers.

then splice them in to the front footwell loom.

Image1928.jpg

Image1930.jpg

Image1935.jpg

so when the car is unlocked or a door is opened they will stay illiminated for some time then fade to off.

http://www.ebay.co.u..._fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Image1928.jpg

Image1930.jpg

Image1935.jpg

Nice little mod again lenny looks very well mate.

Nice little mod again lenny looks very well mate.

Thanks Stephen,

they are nice and bright, but only when an object is place in to the footwell it illuminates red,

because the light is beaming out straight at around 1 inch up from the floor so the ground carpet is not actually illuminated but for example a white shoe would become completly red.

http://www.ebay.co.u..._fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Image1928.jpg

Image1930.jpg

Image1935.jpg

These are great too. Where do you connect the lights too Lenny. Not so up to scratch on all this yet. Thanks.

These are great too. Where do you connect the lights too Lenny. Not so up to scratch on all this yet. Thanks.

thanks mate,

i purchased the led units http://www.ebay.co.u..._fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

and extended the cable slightly by around 12 inches and spliced the two light units in to the one 12 inch cable under the centre console, then spliced the other end of the 12 inch cable to the orange and black loom for the front footwell lights,

here is a link to some cable to do both modifications if interested.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4aacf28d18 Image1926_1.jpgthen for the bird bath light i purchased a 3 SMD red led strip, http://www.ebay.co.u...=item20b1ae4e14

lined up the leds on the inside marked it with a pen then drilled three small holes through from the inside of the panel down in to the exterior pocket to allow the light pass through and used some electrical tape to hold the strip in place inside the panel and wired it to a interior light feed at the rear of the window de-mister controls in the centre console so it comes on with the driving lights and illuminates the rear centre pocket for the duration that the driving lights are active, but then when the doors are opened the whole rear footwell is illuminated by the activation of the rear footwell led units fitted under the seats.

Image1770.jpg

Image1778.jpgImage1780.jpg

Would like to thank the OP for this info, plugged in some bulbs and it's working a treat :)

i used the led strips for the rear which attatch to the seat frame the wiring is added to the underseat wiring for the sensor so it will allow the seat to move all the way back and forward

post-8800-0-27080300-1338557141_thumb.jp

post-8800-0-90571100-1338557330_thumb.jp

post-8800-0-56572800-1338557372_thumb.jp

post-8800-0-52334800-1338557441_thumb.jp

looks good mate,

the alloy pedals really catch the light nicely.