72 replies to this topic

#1 barrywi

barrywi

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6TDCI Titanium 2010

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:36 PM

I have just ordered a FORD DIRECT Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TDCI ( 60 reg 2010) through a dealer, and have a query about the SONY radio fitted to this model. It is shown in the current printed brochure but not the on line one . It looks different and has a black glossy front.I have been assured that the car I have ordered has this radio ( Marked SONY and Black faced)
Is this radio a DAB one , the dealer says yes but I am not sure. What does it do differently ( if anything)to the previous silver faced Titanium radio?
The car will arrive in about two weeks so then I can answer my own questions.
Also is there anywhere on a Ford site that I can download a PDF of the Car manual and Audio manual? The Skoda site allows you to do this, and I just want to read up on the car before it arrives.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 MartynS

MartynS

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Name: Martyn
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST2
  • Year: 2013

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:51 PM

The Sony radio is now standard on the titanium, but is not DAB as far as I know - see this. I believe it has better sound quality than the silver one and an extra 2 speakers bringing the total to 8.

For the manual try this: Online version. There's also a new PDF linked to somewhere on here that has the Sony stereo and reversing camera in. Can't find that yet though...

Edit: Found the pdf link: PDF

#3 TroodoN

TroodoN

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Ford Model: mk7 Fiesta 1.4 Titanium

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:54 PM

nice one bro. I dream every day about sony head unit :)

Photos would be great once you get your new car. Cheers

#4 barrywi

barrywi

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:01 PM

The picture is in the current Fiesta brochure. but when I get the car in about two weeks I will post some pix. Just joined the forum today so feeling my way around a bit. It's my wifes car but I will drive it a lot. Disappointed its not a DAB radio but wasn't expecting it to be anyway. The main reason for wanting it was to get rid of some of the aluminium( plastic) trim on the dash and maybe better sound quality. We have been used to a Skoda Fabia which is all black and don't particularly like fascias that look like a 12 year old's "boombox"....its my age you see!!

#5 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,667 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: 2011 Fiesta Titanium Auto
  • Year: 2011

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:13 PM

Its a great radio/sound system. I have the sony one too (I put a few pics of it half way down my thread if you want to see the overall appearence of the dash > http://www.fordowner...opic=17920&st=0 ).

When I looked at photos of it when it was first announced I thought it looked a little after-market but since then it has grown on me and I love it. Sure you will too.

#6 kenny.c

kenny.c

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta MK7 TDCI 95ps Frozen White

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:16 PM

Some people dont like it......but I managed to get one from a scrapped car.....

Posted Image

Its not straight forward to retro fit.....ive got everthing working other than the blue display.....but im unsure if to bother. Sound quality IS better without a doubt...

Posted Image

Ken

#7 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,667 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: 2011 Fiesta Titanium Auto
  • Year: 2011

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:23 PM

Wow nice work - You should start a retro-fit thread - I've noticed several people asking if it can be done on this forum.

#8 barrywi

barrywi

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:24 PM

So can you confirm its not a DAB radio Ken?

#9 kenny.c

kenny.c

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta MK7 TDCI 95ps Frozen White

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:31 PM

Correct no DAB.....

#10 mveev

mveev

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 Titanium 2011 model

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:44 AM

I have had my new Ford titanium for a week now. The Sony system is amazing but there are also great other features Inc the voice control, Bluetooth and the "Y" cable to connect a iPhone/iPod with the car with out all that messy and unnecessary wiring every where! You need to order the "y" cable from ford parts or your dealership. 25. the sound quality is good to. I had a 56 plate Audi A3 which had built in Bose speakers and ok the sound was amazing but on a serious note the ford speakers are pretty similar in sound quality! Hope you enjoy your Ford!

#11 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:03 AM

I have had my new Ford titanium for a week now. The Sony system is amazing but there are also great other features Inc the voice control, Bluetooth and the "Y" cable to connect a iPhone/iPod with the car with out all that messy and unnecessary wiring every where! You need to order the "y" cable from ford parts or your dealership. 25. the sound quality is good to. I had a 56 plate Audi A3 which had built in Bose speakers and ok the sound was amazing but on a serious note the ford speakers are pretty similar in sound quality! Hope you enjoy your Ford!

My 2 year old Titanium has that with the standard unit, it's not specific to the Sony unit. Personally, I prefer a stubby USB stick for my music, can leave it in the car, cheaper than an iPod cable and no messy cables anywhere.

#12 mrobins64495

mrobins64495

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:06 AM

I just play music over blue tooth with my Iphone. Works a treat, plug it in to charge and then got to the stream setting.

Saves me forking out for a cable.

#13 antman99

antman99

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 Titanium 1.6 TDCI

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:48 AM

I dont know what to be more concerned by the fact a mod was aparently so simple as changing it or the fact that a stereo only found in cars made in the last 3 months was as at a scrappy im assuming a write off.

#14 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:22 PM

I just play music over blue tooth with my Iphone. Works a treat, plug it in to charge and then got to the stream setting.

Saves me forking out for a cable.

I don't have to do anything, just get in the car and drive off, no taking phone out of pocket, no plugging it in to charge, no draining of phone battery and no bluetooth syncing issues. It couldn't be easier.

#15 mrobins64495

mrobins64495

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:42 PM

I don't have to do anything, just get in the car and drive off, no taking phone out of pocket, no plugging it in to charge, no draining of phone battery and no bluetooth syncing issues. It couldn't be easier.

Yeah I know, I use the USB system for the rest of my music...

It's the same as the Alfa.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users