Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Titanium Sony Radio

barrywi

dont forget the sony headunit also comes with sony woofers as standard

(i found this out to my delight when i took my door cards off)

DSC00844.jpg

DSC00843.jpg

DSC00842.jpg

DSC00841.jpg

Yeah the speakers are brilliant on the Sony system, I've only ever had mine up to 7 or 8 on the motorway out of maybe 20-25 I'm guessing.

Volume 4 or 5 is plenty for in the city/doing slower speeds when theres less road noise etc.

You'll love it. :D

Post plenty of pics once to collect it.

Will try and post pics when I get it, had problems last time I tried but will have another go :D

I was wandering this as mine was built on the 7th of this month and i ordered the Sony head unit, but it didnt specify when i was ordering wether it was DAB or not.

It wouldnt bother me much as i usualy just use my phone for music but its always nice to have it.

That's really good to know that you guys rate it because to be honest I have never seen or heard it. I just ordered it on a whim. Good to know about the woofer in the door too.

Ordered a white metal with black wheels (not sure about the wheels yet, will see), apparently it will be within 2 weeks but no firm date. It is on a boat from Belgium so hopefully it won't sink. Hope you enjoy yours too, you must be pretty excited by now

Thanks

That's really good to know that you guys rate it because to be honest I have never seen or heard it. I just ordered it on a whim. Good to know about the woofer in the door too.

Ordered a white metal with black wheels (not sure about the wheels yet, will see), apparently it will be within 2 weeks but no firm date. It is on a boat from Belgium so hopefully it won't sink. Hope you enjoy yours too, you must be pretty excited by now

Thanks

We have had our 60 reg Titanium since February and the sound quality is fantastic and goes very loud. Be careful you don't knock the memory stick in it's slot as we damaged our stick. Ours is not a DAB version so must have been the last of the old types but to be honest it is pretty good on FM. It even works from my Blackberry with the phone and music wirelessly but the quality is not as good as a memory stick. The low profile tyres make the car more noisy than our previous Skoda Fabia re road noise. Our 96BHP diesel averages 55MPG easily and can go up to 60 MPG on a run. Love all the gadgets such as cruise control, but the car feels a bit tinny when you close the doors...presumably due to its lightness.

Enjoy the car and mind your ears when you turn up the sounds!!

Thanks

I ordered the white one too, hopefully wheels will look OK. I am sure you will get yours very soon..enjoy it when it arrives... :D

• 4 months later...

Hey. Ive recently ordered a zetec with the sony headunit with DAB bluetooth etc. i have a sub and amp which i brought a while ago that im hoping to install, i was just wondering if anyone knows what type of connection the sony h/u requires? Or even if it will be compatable with the sub and amp S: happy days (:

Hey. Ive recently ordered a zetec with the sony headunit with DAB bluetooth etc. i have a sub and amp which i brought a while ago that im hoping to install, i was just wondering if anyone knows what type of connection the sony h/u requires? Or even if it will be compatable with the sub and amp S: happy days (:

Do you really need it? The Sony system delivers very good audio quality and bass as it is.

Ive had the sub and amp for nearly a year now just lying about, It would be a shame to pay abit of money to just leave a decent bit of kit out after all that time.

Ive had the sub and amp for nearly a year now just lying about, It would be a shame to pay abit of money to just leave a decent bit of kit out after all that time.

Ah right I see.

Paul :-)

"IF" i succeed, I will post to let others know how it goes (-:

• 1 month later...

How did you get on? Nothing on the back of the Ford radio will allow you to wire it all up, i have recently picked up a Sony with DAB and it plugged straight into my new fiesta, no need to cut looms or anything, but all that was on the back was the 2 rectangular plugs and the 2 aerials for FM and DAB. Besides, it's loud enough.... :D

Hi all! i need some help.... someone can do a picture of the Sony Dab radio conector with the wires, i would like to rewire the fm one... just i need the pinout for the DAB

Hi all! i need some help.... someone can do a picture of the Sony Dab radio conector with the wires, i would like to rewire the fm one... just i need the pinout for the DAB

Yes i was told the earlier fords audio plug was different... hang on let me see if i have a picture you are after.. Do you need the plug from the dash, or the plug from stereo.

both is best, but i guess the (male) one is better from the dash, Thanks

How did you get on? Nothing on the back of the Ford radio will allow you to wire it all up, i have recently picked up a Sony with DAB and it plugged straight into my new fiesta, no need to cut looms or anything, but all that was on the back was the 2 rectangular plugs and the 2 aerials for FM and DAB. Besides, it's loud enough.... :D

Hi there torchwood

Not good at all im afraid i got the unit out went to Halfords and apparently "no connections have been made yet" then they tried selling me another radio unit?? When i get time and money im going to try a proper audio shop, or hopefully find somebody at ford fair 2012 that has succeded and can point me in the right direction, but for now the sony (pioneer speakers) system is pretty bad !Removed! and will do (for now) (;

Hi there torchwood

Not good at all im afraid i got the unit out went to halfords and apparently "no connections have been made yet" then they tried selling me another radio unit?? When i get time and money im going to try a proper audio shop, or hopefully find somebody at ford fair 2012 that has succeded and can point me in the right direction, but for now the sony (pioneer speakers) system is pretty bad !Removed! and will do (for now) (;

Hm, i figured as much! I have never known an OEM head unit to come with Pre-outs (red&white) or wires for an amp to plug in. To add an amp and subs etc, you would be looking at an Alpine or Kenwood device etc, with a double din fascia, and the necessary cables to convert. BUT, whether it keeps your blue-tooth is another thing, but It will keep the steering controls..

Its a PIG to clean though...

Hm, i figured as much! I have never known an OEM head unit to come with Pre-outs (red&white) or wires for an amp to plug in.

My previous Fiat did, but then it was just a rebadged Grundig unit, rather than something Fiat made themselves. They were on three plugs like the Ford but these were ISO A/B/C Blocks so although not simple phono out connectors it was not hard to get replacements to solder up.

Then again why you needed a sub on a family car rather than a supermini, when the market for a sub is not likely to be the same as looking at a family car is another matter....

I do wonder if the head units are really Sony built as OEM, as I can't see Ford and Sony actually both making them as such, and the top of line one is just badged Sony as it's a a direct swap in some cases...

• 2 months later...

Ah right I see.

Paul :-)

Well. I have the sub and amp installed and i could not be happier!

The sub takes alot of the strain away from the installed Speakers so they are under less stress and at higher volume sound crystal clear, Even on volume 28. It's definately worth it! Unless you need boot space for buggies etc. (==

My previous Fiat did, but then it was just a rebadged Grundig unit, rather than something Fiat made themselves. They were on three plugs like the Ford but these were ISO A/B/C Blocks so although not simple phono out connectors it was not hard to get replacements to solder up.

Then again why you needed a sub on a family car rather than a supermini, when the market for a sub is not likely to be the same as looking at a family car is another matter....

I do wonder if the head units are really Sony built as OEM, as I can't see Ford and Sony actually both making them as such, and the top of line one is just badged Sony as it's a a direct swap in some cases...

Exactly!!!! Something i am trying to get sorted out right now.. Is the Sony radio both DAB and non dab just he same head unit as fords but with the black face and sony Speakers, not the ford Speakers?

• 1 year later...

Just discovered this old thread. My 2011 Titainum came with the Sony head [ with control on the steering wheel ] only downside is that there appears not to be any 'phone contacts sync' so any changes, ie, names added or deleted from the phone and you have to debond and rebond the phone, which also deletes the directory - unless someone knows differently.

• 4 months later...

Can we have a direct answer please.

I have read somewhere that is you have the Sony radio with sat nav fitted (i do) then you will not see (or get?) the DAB option. Another post I read seemed to suggest that it was there but could only be found by lots of fiddling and a bit of luck. Could anyone give a straight answer on this please? - Do buy a separate dedicated DAB tuner (probably hardly worth it with the reception in this area).r do I have to keep fiddling?

Thanks

John

Can we have a direct answer please.

I have read somewhere that is you have the Sony radio with sat nav fitted (i do) then you will not see (or get?) the DAB option. Another post I read seemed to suggest that it was there but could only be found by lots of fiddling and a bit of luck. Could anyone give a straight answer on this please? - Do buy a separate dedicated DAB tuner (probably hardly worth it with the reception in this area).r do I have to keep fiddling?

Thanks

John

I have the Sony unit with sat nav and DAB is standard fit.

When you keep pressing the radio button it swaps between FM/AM/DAB, you can also get to it from the menu. I'd suggest digging the manual out. What fiesta have you got?

• 3 months later...

Just picked up my new Fiesta Titanium X Ecoboost. Traded in my 6 year old Fiesta Econetic which was a great car fun to drive etc.

The car manuals don't cover the Sony entertainment system. I'm learning how to use it by trial and error. Is there an illustrated instruction sheet available anywhere? Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club