Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Titanium Sony Radio

barrywi

I have a sony head unit in mine and thats DAB or is it only on new cars its not.

The Sony DAB radio is fully covered in the manual I got with my car - page 220 onwards.

• Like 1

I'm in need of some help, my fiesta came with the original silver stereo and I found a Sony dab radio on eBay. got it fitted fine except the radio will not work :( My original car was obviously not DAB but I got told the radio would work fine. It sounds like its trying to get signal but it cant? any help

Thanks all.

You need the separate DAB module that comes with the Radio too, it plugs into the back of it and needs a proper DAB aerial.

Also pressing the radio button several times makes it scroll though FM, AM and DAB etc.

I'm not bothered about the DAB part working I only want FM, I was told that this would work without the need for DAB

Probably not as it all goes through one and the box separates them that's what you need is the module.

there is a guy on here selling the units in the sales section, have a browse and ask him nicely to sell it separately, or send back to the eBay seller as he's lying.

I wonder if I got the box but skipped DAB it would work. All this for a !Removed! stereo!

The Sony DAB radio is fully covered in the manual I got with my car - page 220 onwards.

Many thanks Mariner. Found it. A bit more reading up to do. :). I'm really enjoying the new car.

Question?

Have they sorted out the play order for mp3s from the USB? Mine still plays tracks alphabetically and not in track order.

Mine has always played in track order. Mine are correctly tagged though...so that might make a difference otherwise I guess it wouldn't know the correct order.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

The early sync systems are naff. I updated the I'd tags but still couldn't get it to work. Just hope the new system is fixed now.

Ahhh well I don't have SYNC, I have the old bluetooth version....but it seems rock solid. I guess your fiesta is the facelift version? EDIT yup, just seen your pic

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

The old system is much better than sync.

Anyways hope the dab gets sorted

• 4 years later...
On 2/5/2011 at 1:30 PM, kenny.c said:

You need.......

To cut the end off a loom which had the sony unit fitted as standard in order to get the plug needed as you cannot get it from ford

Then order a parrot patch lead that you would use to fit one of their hands free kits in order to get the sockets needed

Then you need the wiring diagram for the fiesta audio system......

Then get the soldering iron out and make a conversion lead up.....

It took for ever....and if you get it wrong you can damage the headunit...display.....bt unit....or all 3.....

Ken

Hi Man, 

Have you done this? I just ordered one from eBay for cheap and the socket on the back of the Sony panel looks really similar to the one I have already. From what I can see in your comment it it totally different and needs rewiring, which is not something I am keen on really... do you have details about how you did it ? Pictures ? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club