Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water sloshing sound

Leanne

Hi there,

I bought a 3-yr old Fiesta Zetec Climate 1.4 a few weeks ago (from a Ford dealership with service MOT etc), but over last couple of days have started to hear some kind've sloshing-water sound coming from the drivers side of the car whenever I brake/turn/accelerate. I thought it was coming from the drivers door but if I open the door and move it about I can't hear anything so I don't think it's from there. It's quite a noticeable noise now though. Even passengers notice it (and also agree it sounds like it's coming from the drivers side of the car). Any suggestions as to what this could be and whether it needs to go back to the dealership to get it fixed on the warranty?

Cheers

Leanne

Fiestas are known to collect water inside the doors from raining or when washing your car and it builds up inside. This happens when the drain holes at the bottom of the door block due to dirt etc. Look around the bottom edge of the door from the inside. There is usually two or more rectangular holes about the width of a penny. Use something thin and long and poke through the holes and watch it pour out! Check this reguarly otherwise the inside of the doors will be prone to rusting.

Hope this helps! :D

Fiestas are known to collect water inside the doors from raining or when washing your car and it builds up inside. This happens when the drain holes at the bottom of the door block due to dirt etc. Look around the bottom edge of the door from the inside. There is usually two or more rectangular holes about the width of a penny. Use something thin and long and poke through the holes and watch it pour out! Check this reguarly otherwise the inside of the doors will be prone to rusting.

Hope this helps! :D

Thanks for this... sounds nice and inexpensive! :-) You're probably right as it has been raining here a lot lately and it's only since then that it started doing it. I'll try that tonight and hopefully it'll solve it. Will let you know if not. Thanks again :)

No prob, we're all here to help each other on FOC :D

you might find that the front drain hole is not there as ford forgot to put in during some fiesta production runs

• 4 weeks later...
you might find that the front drain hole is not there as ford forgot to put in during some fiesta production runs

Crivvens!

• 1 month later...
Hi there,

I bought a 3-yr old Fiesta Zetec Climate 1.4 a few weeks ago (from a Ford dealership with service MOT etc), but over last couple of days have started to hear some kind've sloshing-water sound coming from the drivers side of the car whenever I brake/turn/accelerate. I thought it was coming from the drivers door but if I open the door and move it about I can't hear anything so I don't think it's from there. It's quite a noticeable noise now though. Even passengers notice it (and also agree it sounds like it's coming from the drivers side of the car). Any suggestions as to what this could be and whether it needs to go back to the dealership to get it fixed on the warranty?

Cheers

Leanne

Have just taken my fiesta 1400 style 56 in for sevice today with the same problem ,water sloshing in drivers door.the car is now 2 years old and done only 14000 miles it was garaged up until we moved house recently and the problem has only occured in the last few months.The car has been left out since the move and the door now fills with water it transpires that no drain hole was drilled in the front of the door during manufacture so fords problem i thought but no the three year warrenanty does not cover it in the second year so charged 20 pounds to drill a hole on top of the sevice! Had a rant at ford customer care but thet would not refund it so phoned the dealer i brought it from and after a long phone call they agreed to refund the 20 quid.what is going on with ford i am just about to replace this car with a new one and spend a good deal of money but it won't be with ford