Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Radio Help

stevepil

Hi All

New to the forum and new to fords

Just got a brand new focus titanium through company car @ work, was told it had bluetooth built in the radio, which is great however I can not switch it on or figure out how it works

I think I have pressed every button in the car, I keep getting told there is a button you have to press in sequence but no one remembers what it is when they tell me this part

Please can anyone help, I take my mobile to car and search for devices and it picks up nothing ive tried turning engine on, off etc... it is the sony DAB radio CD, MP3 etc..

I am now starting to worry it aint even got bluetooth even though I was told it did, even the ford engineer when dropping car off on friday said it has bluetooth through radio, wish I asked now how it worked, but I thought it be easy - clearly not..

really would appreciate any help on this

thanks

I have a Fiesta with bluetooth rather than a Focus, so I'm sorry if this doesn't help but I'll try anyway.

In my car the radio has to be on for bluetooth to be enabled. There is also an option buried inside the radio's menu called BT, which has to be set to ON for bluetooth to be enabled.

When you do a search, your car should hopefully appear as "Ford Audio" with the pin being either 0000 or a number that may be displayed on your radio's display.

Have you been able to successfully pair your phone with other bluetooth headsets? It may be worth checking that your phone supports that bluetooth service - although if it's fairly recent it almost certainly will.

Edit: It appears people from other forums have had success by removing the fuse for the radio, waiting and then re-inserting the fuse after about 30 seconds. You would need the radio code to hand if you did this though.

Thanks for below, I may have to try the fuse removal see if that works, I can not even get in the radio menu, not sure how to, I press the menu button on car and it just goes through all the trip computer, tyre pressure check etc.... thats the bit im stuck on and yes my phone has been paired with an old bluetooth device in my old car. Thank you

I have a Fiesta with Bluetooth rather than a Focus, so I'm sorry if this doesn't help but I'll try anyway.

In my car the radio has to be on for bluetooth to be enabled. There is also an option buried inside the radio's menu called BT, which has to be set to ON for bluetooth to be enabled.

When you do a search, your car should hopefully appear as "Ford Audio" with the pin being either 0000 or a number that may be displayed on your radio's display.

Have you been able to successfully pair your phone with other bluetooth headsets? It may be worth checking that your phone supports that bluetooth service - although if it's fairly recent it almost certainly will.

Edit: It appears people from other forums have had success by removing the fuse for the radio, waiting and then re-inserting the fuse after about 30 seconds. You would need the radio code to hand if you did this though.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club