1 reply to this topic

#1 Claxxon

Claxxon

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Ford Model: Fusion 1.4TDi Zetec

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:45 PM

My rear wiper stopped working the other day so I summoned up the courage to have a look and try to find the problem. To cut a long story short, once I had removed the tailgate liner panel, I was showered with rusty water which was leaking from the motor housing. I removed the motor with the gearbox attached and more rusty water ran down my knuckles. I stripped the assembly down, cleaned out all the rusty water, de-greased the housings in the sink (don't tell the Mrs), re-assembled, re-fitted and I now have a working rear wiper. I'm curious as to how all that water ended up inside the gearbox housing as there was no apparent sign of ingression, I can only guess that it ran down the wiper shaft and didn't run out again.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 taffg

taffg

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Ford Model: focus 2.0 zetec Mk 1

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:14 PM

hi had exactly the same problem on my focus and carried out the same repair as you. i too came to the same conclusion that the water is running down the shaft, however i didnt do anything to resolve the problem. fixed mine about 3 yr ago an still working sweet as, so if it dies again i will just carry out the same repair. good fix mate!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users