• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sparkyhands

sparkyhands

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: s max titanium

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:53 PM

Hi all, I have a smax titanium 2.0tdci 140 on a 60 plate and have got my first problem ? checked the forums and it doesnt look as if anybody has had the same problem as yet so heres hoping somebody can help ?

i noticed a rattling noise coming from the front of the car this morning, after investigating myself the noise only happened when i try to put the car into gear, i took it to my local ford dealer and they said it was the gear cables touching the air inlet trunking housing and vibrating that was causing the noise, the mechanic said its the first time hes seen what looks like a weight attached to the gear cables in place of what should be a twist nut ? alas he could not sort the problem today, also he said he could try replacing the cables but its a long job as the whole dashboard has to be removed !

I'm having to work away so gonna have to try and get it sorted at another dealer !

He said it might not be covered under the warranty aswell !!!!!!!!!!!! 3 months old 3000 miles !!!!!!!!!!!! aarrrgghhhhhhh

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users