Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Condensation

37bodie

My 2005 Focus LX suffers from severe condensation. Once I have done a journey on a clear dry day, when I go back to the car bith front and back windows are soaking. This is not fun and was worse when the water froze the other month nearly every day! Any ideas what Im doing wrong? The car has just had a new pollen filter.

Ta

My 2005 Focus LX suffers from severe condensation. Once I have done a journey on a clear dry day, when I go back to the car bith front and back windows are soaking. This is not fun and was worse when the water froze the other month nearly every day! Any ideas what Im doing wrong? The car has just had a new pollen filter.

Ta

If the Focus is the earlier model, when replacing the filter it should have had a new seal and fixing kit or the water will get behind the paneland into the car. Jouxy

Ta

HI on my 2002 it was the same if you dont seal it water on mine anyway blew 3 heater resistors before i realised what was happening £14 each!!

This is a MkII 2005 plate Focus? The filter I fitted didnt come with a fitting kit or seal?

Ta

hi yes the filter is supposed to be waterproof!! but i would still seal the plastic piece you removed from below the windscreen if it is the same set up as mine? no more nails i used.Clean the excess off no one can tell.

The pollen filter on my car is inside the car? I had to remove the fuse box and then a bracket and the slide the filter out, its not any where near the windscreen?

The pollen filter on my car is inside the car? I had to remove the fuse box and then a bracket and the slide the filter out, its not any where near the windscreen?

Just lately I've noticed a lot of condensation, especially when the wife's taken it to work.....maybe she's been parking behind the "bike shed" :D

Now the car was five year old back in October, and I'd put money on it never having it's pollen filter change. For the simple reason it's a ball ache to change it, and the punter is certainly not going to check if it has.

At the last service I toyed with the idea and then I thought sod it.

But for anybody wanting to attempt the job, I found this blow by blow account on the web

replacing pollen filter.pdf

• Like 1

Thanks Catch, Im sure that will come in useful later!

Thanks Catch, Im sure that will come in useful later!

during winter its simple moisture from where a leak no the roof is the thinnest metal on the car and its bare when the roofs frosty look under the roof lining youll see ice heat rises and takes the moisture upwards so the roof space has moisture which is why it opens out in the boot where the little vent flaps are behind the wheel wells youre getting in the car and that frozen very thin layer of ice defrosts and turns back to moisture it will when you leave the car go to the rear its the coolest place in the car naturally it will attract to the window its just cars they arent waterproof completely or totaly sealed no car is youll find many cars will do this during the winter months the car doesnt get hot enough inside for the moisture to dry out then its rapidly cooling and the winndows coo;l the quickest as they are glass attracting the moissture to the window if its cold it will form ice on the inside and you get in put the rear heater on and melt it and the process starts all over again

very interesting that explanation artscot79.

Now I thought it was a bit much needing to remove the glove box as mentioned in that PDF. And as there was no mention of how to remove it, nor did it appear to be removed according to the blurb that followed. So I did a bit more digging and here you are some piccies, you cannot beat piccies in how to instructions.[no mention or need to remove the glove box according to the poster]

Pollen filter replacement Mk 2 Focus

I understand that no car is completely waterproof and so some steaming up is inevitable but to the extreme lie in this car is not right surely? To the point where the water is dripping off the windscreen on to the dashboard? This was the reason I swapped from and old car to a new car for the winter. So far the theory is not working!

Ta

As silly as it sounds, in the winter months, it could be good just to keep a small pot of salt / rice in the cupholder, or if you make a little tray with a vented lid. This will draw most if not all the moisture away from the window, and hopefully the rest of the car.

Sounds silly, and no modern car should need it to be done, but for a few pence...?

As silly as it sounds, in the winter months, it could be good just to keep a small pot of salt / rice in the cupholder, or if you make a little tray with a vented lid. This will draw most if not all the moisture away from the window, and hopefully the rest of the car.

Sounds silly, and no modern car should need it to be done, but for a few pence...?

modern car or not you cant change certain things when youre in the car you breath creating moisture in the air the more people the more moisture the heater and aircon take care of this while the cars running a good drive gets everything nice and dry inside the car however remember the inside is around 18-25 degrees outside is minus 1 that hot air hitting the window will cause condensation you cant change chemistry im afraid if the windows were double glazed it wouldnt be as bad but they arent and never will be if the journey is short the air wont dry out as much i agree a pot of salt or one of these moisture traps would helpo ive personally even on my mk1 never had water dripping onto the dash so it may be worth having the car checked any coolant loss it could be the heater matrix if it has aircon it could be a blocked drain pipe or the heater settings are set to recirculate and not for fresh air

My car is dripping water from the vents in the boot. Maybe its just the moisture building up inside on the roof then. I just cleaned it off the rear window with a towel.

To change the pollen filter on the mk2 Focus you have to remove some of the trim in the passenger footwell. I dont recall having to take the glovebox out. I suspect that might be the ideal way of doing it, but we didn't when we changed mine.

My car is dripping water from the vents in the boot. Maybe its just the moisture building up inside on the roof then. I just cleaned it off the rear window with a towel.

To change the pollen filter on the mk2 Focus you have to remove some of the trim in the passenger footwell. I dont recall having to take the glovebox out. I suspect that might be the ideal way of doing it, but we didn't when we changed mine.

the ice and moisture from the roof will by design run to those vents and the incoming air will dry it out only found it out after a bodyshop guy i was speaking to filled me in notice the slope to the rear in the roof and the design of the channels etc if you had an old landrover or any car without roof lining youll see when its really cold the misture that sticks to the roof freezes the roof is really thin on the focus which doesnt help dont remember having to remove the glovebox when i did my mates either unless i did it wrong that is

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club