Do Not Sell My Personal Information

In Need Of A Exhaust

UK345

Hi the exhaust on my 2004 fiesta zetec 1.4 is blowing at the bit where the backbox connects to the middle section, the car has covered 95k and is on its orginal exhaust system. This has affected my mpg by quite a bit, filled the car up and it returned 28.7 mpg. I know the weather is cold meaning that the engine takes longer to heat up but i feel that this exhaust is a major contributor factor.

The main purpose of this thread is to get advice on where to purchase these parts, im a student so the cheapest option is the best for me.

Thanks

Hi the exhaust on my 2004 fiesta zetec 1.4 is blowing at the bit where the backbox connects to the middle section, the car has covered 95k and is on its orginal exhaust system. This has affected my mpg by quite a bit, filled the car up and it returned 28.7 mpg. I know the weather is cold meaning that the engine takes longer to heat up but i feel that this exhaust is a major contributor factor.

The main purpose of this thread is to get advice on where to purchase these parts, im a student so the cheapest option is the best for me.

Thanks

hello mate,

I would suggest you have a look online, try www.onlineautomotive.co.uk - they are usually reasonably priced and are helpful over the phone if you are not sure.

Other than that, phone around a few local motor factors

Done some telephone enquiries today and after being quoted £205 with National Tyres, phoned a small independent garage who will supply and fit both the middle section and the backbox for £95 including VAT.

Just shows you what you can achieve when you shop around.

Done some telephone enquiries today and after being quoted £205 with National Tyres, phoned a small independent garage who will supply and fit both the middle section and the backbox for £95 including VAT.

Just shows you what you can achieve when you shop around.

"BOSAL" is a respected Swedish brand, and "TIMAX" is not very durable. Our local McConachy outlet for tyres/exhausts/batteries, sells both. I will just try my Ford dealer first, as I know that my Renaults I owned in the past had very good exhausts, and aftermarket ones only lasted 2/3rds the time, but that was before systems were aluminised, or fitted with catalysts.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club