Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mark Iv Hot Air Only From Fan

RobertJKelly

Hi all, I'm new to this, and wondering if there's someone who can help me.

I have a W reg Fiesta 1.2 Ghia, and it's great, but has one problem. The temperature control on the dashboard doesn't work, and if I put the fan on it only blows hot air. Even with the fan off there is enough bleed of air through to get the car really warm inside, even with the current weather conditions. It's been suggested to me that it could be do with the the cable attached to the temperature control that has come off, and I've had a go at trying to get the dash panel off to have a look by levering it with a screwdriver, but it doesn't seem to want to come off and I don't want to cause damage. At the same time I'd prefer not to have to Shell out a load of money for a garage to have a look at it when I'm guessing it might be something relatively simple to resolve...

Can anyone offer me any advice?

Many thanks

Rob

Chances are that it is the heater control valve at fault. Its a well known problem with mk4 and 5s. It is located under the bonnet by the scuttle same place as the wiper motor. It has about 4 water pipes and an electrical connection to it. Google fiesta heater control valve and you may get more info on it. I cant help with how to change it as ive never done one but im sure its as straightforward as removing pipes and reconnecting.

Fiestaownersclub.com is a good site that is pretty good with the mk4 and mk5s

Thanks Stu, I had heard that that was what could be causing the problem, but wanted to get some more opinions before going ahead with buying the replacement part. I'll check on the other site just to see if I can find someone who has done the repair themselves, and then hopefully have a go at it.

Cheers

Rob

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club