Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can We Buy Your Car Back?

wozza89

Personally i'd keep what you have unless you have a good reason to px it.

When it comes to cars you should aim not to move from a newer plate to and older one as finacially it's silly.

Keep what you got and save a few bob, or invest in lowering it and adding the kit...Pretty much the same thing really.

Thanks for your reply, I have looking into purcahsing the kit and adding it on myself, although this is looking at around £1200 (-front bumper) from what I found, sprayed etc, and that was from a car which was front end damaged.

If I was you I'd keep hold of the car for 4 or 5 years. The cost of ownership will be very little compared to getting a car 2 years older (warranty/MOT etc), you won't get hammered as much on insurance and as already been suggested, you've took a hit on depreciation, getting rid now would be daft. I presume you're paying full amount over 3 years so car is fully yours and not Ford Options where you either give car back or pay remainder. If so, you can save a bit of money after the finance has finished to put towards another car, you're insurance will be much cheaper 4 years down the line on a deceent engined car therefore you won't be blowing a fortune on insurance. I understand as a young 'un you'll get bored easily with what you have, it happens to us elders as well, but letting your heart rule your head will cost you more money. The car will still be easy sellable at that time, you'd would have had your moneys worth out of it and you can take the next step to bigger and better.

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, the finance deal is 'ford options' I have to pay a lump sum a the end of the 3 years, or give the car back. At this point, I would have no other option other than pay the lump sum, just giving it straight back would seem daft.

I have looked at a few insurance quotes, and they are £50 more if not the same as that i'm paying now £720, which isn't really an issue. Also i'd consider a Disel, which would save me money on tax and fuel.

I wouldn't say i'm bored with the car I have, i have always wanted a Zetec S about 3 months after buying mine and seeing more on the road.

Hi,

I received a letter from my ford dealership yesterday saying...

Can we buy your car back?

We are desperation short of certain cars, and having checked our records, your car is exactly what we want to buy right now!

Would you consider one of the following:

...blah! blah! blah!

They're desperately short on Fiesta's? They could buy as many Fiestas as they want to.

Any dealer will buy your car off you, whether they're low or full of stock - but at what price? I'd have loved to seen what sort of cash they'd have offered you.

Regardless of whether you were a cash or a finance buyer, I bet their deal would have either involved you parting with more cash or receiving a fraction of what you'd get if you'd sold it privately.

Edited by DanGull
Watch the language used please.

They're desperately short on Fiesta's? They could buy as many Fiestas as they want to.

Any dealer will buy your car off you, whether they're low or full of stock - but at what price? I'd have loved to seen what sort of cash they'd have offered you.

Regardless of whether you were a cash or a finance buyer, I bet their deal would have either involved you parting with more cash or receiving a fraction of what you'd get if you'd sold it privately.

Just an update, i popped into the Ford dealership today, and they were all busy so one of them is going to sit down tonight and work out figures for me, and ring me later.

Basically he said, for an extra £20 a month i could have a brand new Zetec S. If not, it may be possible to swap to the same plate Zetec S.

I'll let you know the news.

That'd be interesting. Don't know what sort of deal you have at present and it's nobody's business but your own - so many variables to take in to account but at a rough guess, my initial thoughts...

You can pick up a 60 reg 1.4 Zetec for £11000 from a Main Ford dealer without any trouble. (Might even be cheaper).

You can pick up a 59 plate Zetec with around 10k on the clock for around £9500 without much effort.

Now then. A pre-reg Zetec S with del miles will set you back around £11500 min.

So just to break even, Mr Ford would require £2000 on the deal. (taking approx. profits from your car and the Zetec S in to consideration). Of course it's not in their interest to help you out, but for the sake of arguement lets just say they wanted to break even...

That's £20 over 100 months at 0%APR !!!!! :lol:

I may be completely wrong (I usually am), but when you speak to him pay particular attention to his figures. An extra £20 a week would make more sense on say a 3 year finance deal, but £20 a month!!!

To be honest we have called a lot of our existing customers in to change early because we are giving really good values for cars as Is everyone. Problem cars are going through auctions for a Hell of a lot of money and dealers have decided not to buy from there but just give really really good values on px cars as we know the history of the cars as they were supplyed by us. 90% of people who came in managed to change for a new car the same as they have now for same payment and in some cases upgrade and keep payment the same. This is also due to the fact (I won't lie) new car sales have just been dead all month literaly worst month many people seen in years so we are also doing crazy deals just to hit target.

Isn't this just a sign of the times. I live near a number of main dealers so you always see a lot of new reg cars floating about. But not last year 10 plates are very rare and 60s I cannot remembr the last one i saw of any make. I suspect since the end of the scrappage scheme those looking to change older cars are back to the nearly new market at dealers and the auctions buit so many new cars where bought through the scrappage scheme good 2 to 3 year old cars have become rarer than flying pink elephants.

adzmpc - I can't understand this. If you're selling someone a car for the same money as they were paying for say their '59 plate car, what happens to that '59 plate car? Who's going to buy that 2nd hand car from you if they can buy a new one for much the same money?

adzmpc - I can't understand this. If you're selling someone a car for the same money as they were paying for say their '59 plate car, what happens to that '59 plate car? Who's going to buy that 2nd hand car from you if they can buy a new one for much the same money?

Point well made, I didn't get a particularly good p/x price on mine

The point is your not buying a new car for the same amount as the used car, your getting a more expensive car and paying the same monthly payment since your investing any equity built up on your part exchange. This only happens when used car prices are high as your more likely to have positive equity built up quicker. Dealerships will make little profit on selling the new car to the customer but by getting a sale they will get bonuses from ford for meeting targets and they have a used car that they might also make a small profit on. So car dealership wins and customer wins(if the customer actually wants a newer car).

Its the same situation if your on ford options and intend on paying the same amount per month for a car for the rest of your life, you'll eventually be on a better and better car as your equity gets invested in the new car, its just happening a little quicker.

Because this is not do able on all deals basically It's just how the figures work out. The gmfv and car price we selling at now allow the same payment. The px will give them a little bit of equity and I mean a little bit. The px is valued high but px values are high right now as I explained. There still would be a saving to someone buying the used compared to new but you are 100% right why buy used but trying to tell people this is very difficult some people are set in there ways and Will never buy new and sometimes the used car team just say a new will be more and that's our chance gone.

Don't really want to go way off topic. I understand what's being said BUT, the way it's being worded, as any good salesmen from all walks of life does, is highly misleading. Irrespective of how it's worded, the bottom line is the customer is paying more. Now that may take various forms, hidden in charges or whatever, but he or she is paying more, otherwise finance companies, dealerships, manufacturers would soon go bust. Somebody has to make a profit or at the very least, break even.

Must admit I always pay cash for my cars as it's very, very rare a finance deal works out cheaper, but if someone has bought their car thru finance and they drive away a new model for little or no increase in payments that tells me one thing - they been well and truely screwed on the car they currently drive.

I dont really understand how they are being screwed on the car they currently drive :blink:

The customer will pay more for the car but they will pay the same monthly payment. all that will happen is they will pay it for longer, if they had their car for 1 years when they trade it in the new car will be paid off for a year longer. Thats no secret as they will sign a new finance agreement.

Thats no secret as they will sign a new finance agreement.

It's obviously a secret to some folk because they're saying it's not going to cost them any more!

It's obviously a secret to some folk because they're saying it's not going to cost them any more!

They obviously mean the cost per month.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club