Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Sport Grille Chrome Inserts

JohannG

Hi everyone,

I have a 2009 Fiesta 1.4 Titanium 3dr South African spec vehicle.

I want to change the front grille insert to the new Sport (I think known as Zetec elsewhere) grille with the chrome inserts.

I bought the grille itself from Ford locally. At the time they could not give me price on the chrome inserts (50-YA4 & 50-YA5) and tow hitch cover (50-YA3).

I figured I would order the grille in the meantime. It was about $100 (converted from ZAR).

Today they came back with prices on the trim parts:

50-YA4 & 50-YA5 = $133 EACH!

50-YA3 = $40!

To add insult to injury, they can't give me any indication when they will be in stock.

Considering what the grille itself cost, I think this is outrageous.

I've searched online for these parts, but can't seem to find them. The part numbers I have returns no usable results.

Does anyone know of an online retailer that might have them at a more reasonable price or am I better off placing the order locally and wait patiently...

Thanks.

@ RCJ & ZETEC7881

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, it seems to be the exact same grille.

I saw the grille on EP prior to ordering it from Ford locally. At the time (based on the estimates Ford gave me on the inserts) it seemed to work out a lot cheaper to buy it locally... :rolleyes:

I have e-mailed them and asked what the shipping charges would be to South Africa and if it is an OEM grille. I also enquired if the inserts could perhaps be purchased separately from them, since I already have the grille.

It does not fit perfectly in my car's bumper at the bottom part, but I'm sure I would be able to make it work.

It would really update the look of the car's front and would go nice with the fog light surrounds.

I'll post updates here, in case anyone's interested.

I've got that grille on my Fiesta, came really quick from EP and looks awesome :D

I've got that grille on my Fiesta, came really quick from EP and looks awesome :D

Hi Chris Ecc,

Could you perhaps confirm if this is an OEM Ford grille or a third party product?

Reason why I'm asking is that I am currently corresponding with someone from EP and he said that they may have some loose inserts available, but I'm not sure if they would even fit the new OEM grille I bought.

I'd be quite disappointed wasting money and especially time ordering something from overseas which I can't do anything with (like the new grille I currently have occupying valuable garage real estate space :unsure: )

Yes it is a OEM/Ford part, it has the Ford emblem on the backside. You should have ordered it from European-Parts, like Chris Ecc mine came quickly.

Could you perhaps confirm if this is an OEM Ford grille or a third party product?

Can confirm it is a Genuine Ford Part. This grille is standard on the revised WT Fiesta Zetec in Australia, which is now sourced from Thailand. The Chinese spec car also gets this grille on the 'Sport' model.

Are you talking about this one?

http://www.fordowner...20%20grill&st=0

I was interested too, but there's no way to get it in Europe...

Can't you import it via European Parts?

At least you probably get all the rest of the goodies available on the Fiestas(?)

Locally we hardly have any options.

Here's what we don't have available as standard or options on any model (the ones I can think of now):

Leather seats (I've retrofitted), climate control, cruise control, light & rain sensors, PDC front or rear (I've fitted rear sensors myself), heated seats, heated windscreen, Sony radio upgrade, keyless entry & keyless go, traction control (only the automatic Trend spec has it :huh: ), folding mirrors & rear view camera.

At least the Fiesta does offer some style at a reasonable price (even at the local rip-off prices we are paying for them) unlike most other cars in this price range that's so bland/boring/generic looking that you feel like crying when the garage door opens and you see it.

Also, a guy can drive them without feeling your testosterone levels decreasing, like in some of the other more "girlie" looking small cars.

Yes it is a OEM/Ford part, it has the Ford emblem on the backside. You should have ordered it from European-Parts, like Chris Ecc mine came quickly.

Can confirm it is a Genuine Ford Part. This grille is standard on the revised WT Fiesta Zetec in Australia, which is now sourced from Thailand. The Chinese spec car also gets this grille on the 'Sport' model.

Thanks for the confirmation.

I'm currently in correspondence with EP to see if I can order the inserts only from them, since I already have the grille.

I'll post updates in case anyone is interested.

EP are great to deal with, though sometimes I felt he was getting angry when I'd ask questions, but I've been told that's a German/English translation thing! Good luck :)

EP are great to deal with, though sometimes I felt he was getting angry when I'd ask questions, but I've been told that's a German/English translation thing! Good luck :)

Yeah, there definitely is a language barrier.

I tried to find out if I could order the inserts only from them (they order the grille and inserts and then sell it as a kit), but the replies very quite random.

I also could not get him to confirm the part numbers to make double sure that the inserts would even fit in the grille that I already have.

I'm not saying not to deal with them. Not at all.

Overall, he was quite helpful and quick to respond. It just did not work out for me and I ordered the inserts locally instead.

I did manage to negotiate a decent discount, so it's not all bad news. Now just the wait...

Thanks again for everyone's input.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

i have 4 of this to go £70 plus post in the U.K. £82..

gallery_13241_370_22964.jpg

PM Lez mate.

i have 4 of this to go £70 plus post in the U.K. £82..

gallery_13241_370_22964.jpg

do you have to tack the bumper off to fit this

do you have to tack the bumper off to fit this

Nope, just pull the current grill off and pop this in to place.

• Like 1

You anywhere near Birmingham? or Warwick?

bearwood west midlands where about are you from mate

bearwood west midlands where about are you from mate

Great Barr. My gaffa lives up that way though. Any discount for collection+cash?

Great Barr. My gaffa lives up that way though. Any discount for collection+cash?

its not me selling this I was looking at this to buy one for my car mate

its me who selling, but i`m on my Christmas holiday will be back new year...

Marry Christmas and Happy New Year All!...

its me who selling, but i`m on my Christmas holiday will be back new year...

Marry Christmas and Happy New Year All!...

You too Lez mate!

P.S I've got dibs on one mate pm you soon.....:)