Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Smell

KAsammy

Hi all i have a 59 plate Ka and in the last few months me and my fiance have noticed that when my car is stationary with the heater's on via external heat source a really bad smell of engine and gases comes through!!!! so everytime i pull up at traffic lights i have to switch to internal air circulation! Have taken it to ford and they said there is nothing wrong with the car i just wondered if anyone else had this problem or had heard of problems like this? I love my KA but it has been nothing but trouble since the day i drove it off the forcourt!!!!

Please help

Sammy

Not something I have heard of. Is it an exhaust fume smell or that of burning metal?

Not something I have heard of. Is it an exhaust fume smell or that of burning metal?

Smells like engine and exhaust fumes gives me a bit of a headache but ford have assured me there is nothing wrong Eeek!! :(

my 09 ka doesnt smell with heater on external setting i would not be happy with this ive had no problems with my mark2 ka so far im very happy with it

Hi,

I've had exactly the same problem on my Ka. I had a look and found a big split in the vent hose from the rocker cover to the airbox. The hose is about 3/4" diameter and is on the left of the engine as you look at it with the bonnet up.

Have a look and see if this is causing your problem.

Cheers,

MarkP

• 3 weeks later...

Thank's mark my other half is going to have a look at the car tonight!! i will let you know if this was the problem! ;)

Not wanting to sound alarmist, but exhaust fumes/carbon monoxide is a killer. There was something on t.v. the other day about a power boat race and fumes leaked into the cockpit, knocking the pilot unconscious nearly killing him and his co-pilot.

Keep us posted with your findings.

Ford have a customer concern campaign ongoing were the breather pip has been reworked as it breaks down and goes soft leading it to split a new pipes available fitted a few recently