• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Azza

Azza

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta MK6 1.4LX

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:25 AM

I got into my Car yesterday and put the key in the ignition, turned the car on and rather than the time and milage on the display, it has the words EAC Fail instead.
I turned it off again and then started a second time and everything seemed to be fine again, and i went out in it.
I looked in the manual but i couldnt see it in there.
Does anyone know what this means, and if so, if i have a reason to be concerned.
It would be much appriciated

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Russ

Russ

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4i zetec

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:57 AM

I got into my Car yesterday and put the key in the ignition, turned the car on and rather than the time and milage on the display, it has the words EAC Fail instead.
I turned it off again and then started a second time and everything seemed to be fine again, and i went out in it.
I looked in the manual but i couldnt see it in there.
Does anyone know what this means, and if so, if i have a reason to be concerned.
It would be much appriciated

It's to do with the electronic accelerator control. I saw on another forum someone suggested if it appears again, to disconnect the battery overnight and let it reset to factory default, and the cost for a new module was 120 + VAT from Arnold Clark. ( http://www.fordgalax...?showtopic=7697 )

#3 Azza

Azza

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta MK6 1.4LX

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:20 PM

Thanks, i'll keep that in mind if it does happen again :)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users