Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EAC Fail?

Azza

I got into my Car yesterday and put the key in the ignition, turned the car on and rather than the time and milage on the display, it has the words EAC Fail instead.

I turned it off again and then started a second time and everything seemed to be fine again, and i went out in it.

I looked in the manual but i couldnt see it in there.

Does anyone know what this means, and if so, if i have a reason to be concerned.

It would be much appriciated

I got into my Car yesterday and put the key in the ignition, turned the car on and rather than the time and milage on the display, it has the words EAC Fail instead.

I turned it off again and then started a second time and everything seemed to be fine again, and i went out in it.

I looked in the manual but i couldnt see it in there.

Does anyone know what this means, and if so, if i have a reason to be concerned.

It would be much appriciated

It's to do with the electronic accelerator control. I saw on another forum someone suggested if it appears again, to disconnect the battery overnight and let it reset to factory default, and the cost for a new module was £120 + VAT from Arnold Clark. ( http://www.fordgalaxy.org.uk/ford2/index.php?showtopic=7697 )

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club