Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Memory Stick Use On 2010 Fiesta

barrywi

My Fiesta arrives this week and I have transferred some tracks from Itunes onto a memory stick ( I have the original CD's) I can only play this through Itunes on not on the usb input to my TV or through Windows media player. Will the stick play on the Fiesta or will I have to use a different method to put the music on the stick. I have an IPOD which no doubt will connect via leads and a Blackberry Curve which has music transferred from Itunes. Will the Blackberry Curve link to the Fiestas system via bluetooth? Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

my blackberry bold connected ok, as for USB Stick, it should just connect, if not, change the file format and try again.

My Fiesta arrives this week and I have transferred some tracks from Itunes onto a memory stick ( I have the original CD's) I can only play this through Itunes on not on the usb input to my TV or through Windows media player. Will the stick play on the Fiesta or will I have to use a different method to put the music on the stick. I have an IPOD which no doubt will connect via leads and a Blackberry Curve which has music transferred from Itunes. Will the Blackberry Curve link to the Fiestas system via Bluetooth? Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

I doubt the tunes will work on the USB as they are more than likely DRM as they have been done via iTunes. The best bet is to burn the files from the discs using media player so there's no protection on them and then put them on the USB stick. Also, don't forget to format the USB in FAT32.

My Fiesta arrives this week and I have transferred some tracks from Itunes onto a memory stick ( I have the original CD's) I can only play this through Itunes on not on the usb input to my TV or through Windows media player. Will the stick play on the Fiesta or will I have to use a different method to put the music on the stick. I have an IPOD which no doubt will connect via leads and a Blackberry Curve which has music transferred from Itunes. Will the Blackberry Curve link to the Fiestas system via Bluetooth? Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

The Fiesta will only play tracks on a USB stick that are in MP3 format. Itunes normally uses AAC (the default ipod format), so you'd need to convert them - use itunes to export the files as MP3 (I don't use itunes so I can't help with the details, sorry). They used to use DRM to prevent you doing this, but I think itunes got rid of that a long time ago now.

AntonyJ is spot on about converting. New iTunes songs also no longer have DRM so you can do what you like with them.

Any songs you have purchased, right click on the song in iTunes, then select 'Create MP3 version' which is about 2/3 on the way down the option list. This is from my Mac, so if you're running Windows (which it sounds like you are) it may be a little bit different. This will create an MP3 version as well as the AAC version, so you'll have two copies of the one song, which I found annoying. My suggestion, buy a cheap iPod nano, load it up, and away you go. I used to do the whole USB thing, but the iPod nano I have works a treat. Hope this helps.

I cant find an option to convert to MP3 format on Itunes unless anyone can tell me how? I don't particularly want to have to convert all the CD's I have on to the stick, as I have done that several times already and it is so tedious. I will wait till we get the car and have a play ..now where is that damned car its nearly two weeks since we odered it via Ford direct. I hope it hasnt fallen off the transporter!

It will be interesting to try the Blackberry via bluetooth. It was very easy to sync that with itunes, lets hope its the same with the Fiesta.

I will report back for information to others and on the SONY radio if it is on the car.

One of the best free programs for converting audio CDs to mp3 is Exact Audio Copy. This program is commonly used in the live music recording trading community as it also offers error-free lossless transfer to .wav files on your hard drive.

Link here:

EAC

Another useful tool is Trader's Little Helper which can convert .wav files to mp3.

Link here:

Trader's Little Helper

These can take a little bit of setting up, but there are plenty of guides out there to help you.

Hope this helps :)

I cant find an option to convert to MP3 format on Itunes unless anyone can tell me how? I don't particularly want to have to convert all the CD's I have on to the stick, as I have done that several times already and it is so tedious.

Any songs you have purchased, right click on the song in iTunes, then select 'Create MP3 version' which is about 2/3 on the way down the option list. This is from my Mac, so if you're running Windows (which it sounds like you are) it may be a little bit different. This will create an MP3 version as well as the AAC version, so you'll have two copies of the one song, which I found annoying. My suggestion, buy a cheap iPod nano, load it up, and away you go. I used to do the whole USB thing, but the iPod nano I have works a treat. Hope this helps.

On my itunes (on vista) it says create ACC version, which suggests to me they are already MP3.

Sorry, not up on it, have 80GB classic down the side of the drivers seat!

• 3 months later...

i've a 500gb portable harddrive in mine :) connects straight into my usb and i'm away.

Did need to format the whole drive to FAT32 but after that was simple

i've a 500gb portable harddrive in mine :) connects straight into my usb and i'm away.

Did need to format the whole drive to FAT32 but after that was simple

I like the hard drive idea a lot, as my memory stick is 16Gb which is not quite big enough, but very convenient( the 32GB sticks are too expensive at the moment, but maybe next year). The hard drive may be more tempting to steal though, and may not enjoy being left in the glovebox on a very hot day( if we ever get any in England).

All my itunes stuff is from disc so cannot use that option...I have simply re filled my iPod with the discs again in the right format.

i'm using a My Passport Essential 500 GB External hard drive, it cost me £42 from new and i just have it in my furthest back cupholder with some Mcdonald napkins over it... you can't see it. have been debating figuring a way to hide it in the 'secret hole'

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club