Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus1.8 Idle Dipping 07 Plate

Broxson

Hi could anyone help, occasionally when I am slowing down and put my clutch in my car doesn't idle right the revs jump up and down between just over and thousand to the point it almost cuts out is this a sign if worse to come ?

Hi could anyone help, occasionally when I am slowing down and put my clutch in my car doesn't idle right the revs jump up and down between just over and thousand to the point it almost cuts out is this a sign if worse to come ?

Just out of interest - Do you have any problems with your speedometer?

If so worth getting your road speed and possibly your clutch pedal sensors checked

Also, any faults reported by the EMU?

The engine management system should increases the idle speed slightly if you if you declutch whist moving. When you pull to a stop with the clutch still depressed the idling speed should return to normal.

Modern engines cut off fuel under normal overrun, using the engine to slow you down to save fuel. However, if you were to declutch with the fuel flow cut off the engine would stall or exhibit your symptoms. To prevent this happening the management system should restore fuel flow to the engine and raise the revs slightly when you declutch and/or the revs or speed are at certain limits. This doesnt appear to be the case with your car.

Hopefully a simple fix.

had the same problem with mine. Its a 2.0 tdci. Started just as you described revs bouncing when idling, But got much worse. It's been back to the garage 3 TIMES!! with the same problem it's had a few new injectors but within a week the fault is back. The last time i took it back they "tweaked the ECU maping" which has changed nothing what so ever im still stuck with the same problem. Think im going to cut my losses and get rid. If a ford main dealer can't fix it who can! My advice is if it's still under guarandtee take it back now before its to late. good luck

Just did a trawl on the Internet for 'Focus Speed Sensor'.

There are many others with similar problems/symptoms.

It would appear that the speed sensor and it’s electrical connections are prone to the occasional failure.

Read:- My link

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club