18 replies to this topic

#16 InstructorPiggy

InstructorPiggy

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 TDCI ZS

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:55 AM

Must be costing you a fortune in fuel for all them lessons! Be sweet to learn in a Fez ST :ph34r:

yeah, you would think....and I kinda was guna take the brunt of it...but when seriously calculating if it was worth going down the ST route i crunched some figures.......

tdci currently scraping to manage 43mpg...been going down nearly every day at the moment...

STs do around the 30mpg mk (not official figures...but Fiesta STOC figures...so real!)...

Mildly tuned STs manage more MPG...I was surprised to hear this...but again Fiesta ST info from the STOC...good bunch there...

and the ST will be on LPG once I am using it for the school...Diesel at 134.9p here, LPG 70p pr ltr.

That means I will make a saving of about 2/3p per mile on fuel alone...let alone the 250 quid a month saving taking the leasing costs out of the equation...and the day a month nearly of Ford appointments!! Lol! I will also maintain the car for next to nothing due to trade parts account!

So although it seems nuts...there is some logic and amazingly it will save me pocket loada cash each week/month!

Wonder what MPG figures the 155ps 1600s will come back with! :unsure:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 AndrewL

AndrewL

Local Rep: Warwickshire

• PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta 1.6 Ti-VCT Titanium

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:26 AM

Sounds good.

Just don't forget to factor in that LPG has a lower energy density than petrol, hence will result in 10-20% fewer mpg than the car running on petrol.

http://www.nextgreen...com/lpg-cng.php

#18 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,631 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Molten Orange Fiesta ST-2
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:36 AM

Sounds good.

Just don't forget to factor in that LPG has a lower energy density than petrol, hence will result in 10-20% fewer mpg than the car running on petrol.

http://www.nextgreen...com/lpg-cng.php

Yeah when I had my MK6.5 LPG Fiesta I would get 40mpg on petrol & 32-34mpg on LPG - still saved me 1,200 in 12months though! (24,000miles)

#19 Focus_ST-3

Focus_ST-3

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk2
Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:46 AM

Does anybody know the 30-60mph time for the 155 kit? As this would be more useful than 0-60

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users