• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Deltajohn81

Deltajohn81

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ford Model: S max 2.0 titaniu

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:05 PM

Hi all!! Has anybody had or still got problems with the second row seats??? My n/s 2nd row seat was making a rattle/judder noise whilst going over drain covers potholes etc. This was remedied in my case by jamming my spare wheel(130!!!!) between the 3rd row seats!! These things are sent to try us!!! Any replies on how to cure the problem properly would be grateful!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 137699

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Ford Model: 2006 S-max Titanium X Sport 2.5T

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:22 AM

Sounds like they're not bolted down properly, as I have no rattles from any of my seats. Have you checked the mounting bolts on the seat frames?

#3 Deltajohn81

Deltajohn81

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:03 PM

Checked all bolts on the Seat frames they are all tight and secure!! It definately is from the upper part of the seat were your back rests on maybe I could take seat out again an try to see if anything is loose on that part!!?? Because they are fold flat there are multiple moving parts and hinges

#4 Dawnl

Dawnl

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Ford Model: S-MAX 2.5i Titanium Black

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:51 AM

Hi,
I know this may sound odd, because you've taken the seats out etc, but being really practical have you checked that the seat belts are all reeled back properly, only thought this because my daughter had a friend in the car and she didn't roll it back right when she got out and the rattle it made drove me insane, that sounded like it was coming from the backs of the seats too. just a thought.

#5 Deltajohn81

Deltajohn81

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:44 PM

Unfortunately I've checked all options, seatbelts, securing bolts etc.. It definately is coming from the seat itself just one of those things I guess!!! Thanks for the replies though folks :-)

#6 AUpperton

AUpperton

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: S-Max 2.5T Titanium

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:31 AM

Hi, I had a very similar problem in my 2.5T with a rattle coming from the 2nd row. In my case it ended up being the actual seat belt bracket.
The plastic shroud over the locking mechanism was rattling against the metal inside.
I fixed it by wedging a small piece of material down the side of the plastic to hold it still.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users