Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Passenger Rattle

Nicola 88

Hi all,

Had my fiesta for nearly 4 months now and I absolutely love it. No problems really except for a rattling sound coming from the passenger side. I can't quite work out where it is coming from (only happens when I am driving so focusing on the noise is kinda difficult). I have a feeling it could be from the A piller as it seems some others have also had this problem. Any idea on how to fix it? Its doesn't always happen, it comes and goes randomly.

Thanks,

Nicola

Hi all,

Had my fiesta for nearly 4 months now and I absolutely love it. No problems really except for a rattling sound coming from the passenger side. I can't quite work out where it is coming from (only happens when I am driving so focusing on the noise is kinda difficult). I have a feeling it could be from the A piller as it seems some others have also had this problem. Any idea on how to fix it? Its doesn't always happen, it comes and goes randomly.

Thanks,

Nicola

Hi Nicola

Had the same rattling noise but commming from the drivers side pillar had to back to fords twice with this.First time they sprayed silicon and greased the seat belt adjuster.,this worked for 3 days and then came back.On the second attempt they have now said that the seat belt adjuster is causing the rattling noise and are going to replace it on monday.Hope this has been helpful.

Regards

adam

Ford padded my A pillar out, and that sorted it for a while. Initially I turned the stereo up, but even a small amount of base would rattle the whole door card. Its just cheap plastic, and you get used to it. I now have another Fiesta and its started again.......

I took the plastic A pillars out, padded underneath them with some sticky back foam, also put some behind the platic brackets that holds the wiring in place and so far its done the trick!

Thanks for the advice guys! Think I will have a go at adding some padding, if not I will just take it back to the dealer and see what they can do. :)

Madness, I thought this was jsut me...I had a very very fine but noticable rattle...finally one night I had a mate in the passenger seat..got him to move his hands about all over it..finally he happenned to put it against the windscreen piller/ the plastic interior lining..and it stopped...he pushed it about and it hasnt returned!

Strange to be a common problem!

i got it too but in a diff place than where everyone is suggesting? i fixed it only for it to come back after a rattle free week!!!

on mine where the passenger side door storage card thing what ever you call it connects to the door at the top right of it there is a little tiny gap and i found when i pressed that in the rattle vanished... i will try show ya a pick cos my mate had it in the same spot to and i just cant sus out how to stuff ewt in there and i aint super gluing it for fear it going wrong!!!

Well I have this rattle also..Ford could not find it...but on my TIT it is from vibration of the interior plastic capping around the small triangular window forward of the wing mirror. Ford have now fixed it but I think the repair has interfered with the same capping piece on the passenger side as this is now very lose and rattles worse than the original fault....at least it drowns out the vibration from the door pockets when the radio is on....lol

Its a shame, the Fiesta is a great little car let down badly by some very cheap sh'ite finishing touches.

• 10 months later...

I took the plastic A pillars out, padded underneath them with some sticky back foam, also put some behind the platic brackets that holds the wiring in place and so far its done the trick!

How do the plastic a-pillars come out?

Cheers

Rog

Funny, because this problem has just appeared on my fiesta. It is coming from the belt pillar and i'm presuming it's maybe the spring? [Passenger Side]

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club