Do Not Sell My Personal Information

An Interest To Keithc

jack

After reading this: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/motoring/motoring-news/bmw-owners-are-the-worst-drivers-1974852.html

I coudnt help but think of you Keith as you own a BMW & a Ford :lol:

And is it also true that BMW drivers take a seperate driving test from the rest of the population?

After reading this: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/motoring/motoring-news/bmw-owners-are-the-worst-drivers-1974852.html

I coudnt help but think of you Keith as you own a BMW & a Ford :lol:

And is it also true that BMW drivers take a seperate driving test from the rest of the population?

What's a driving test? :P

Can't say I've noticed that BMW drivers as a whole are any worse than other drivers.

Pet hates include:

People who don't say thank you for letting them have right of way or into a queue. It doesn't take a lot of effort to give a quick wave or flash of your hazard lights.

Tailgaters of course, particularly the idiots who beep & flash their lights at you. Since when did they own the road? Then if you don't move out of their way quickly they undertake you anyway & look at you as though you are the idiot.

Queue jumpers who go right to the end when there are 2 lanes merging into one, especially at roadworks.

People who don't think it is necessary to let other road users know of their intentions & actually use their indicators. Obviously flicking the indicator stalk is too much for their brain to handle.

Pretty typical stuff really, probably the same as most people.

People who don't think it is necessary to let other road users know of their intentions & actually use their indicators. Obviously flicking the indicator stalk is too much for their brain to handle.

I couldn't agree more! Can't believe these people that spend thousands on BMW's & Audi's with all the fancy extras, yet indicators are an optional upgrade that the drivers can't afford?! Go figure...

Was it just me or does everyone feel anger at other road user's when reading Andy's post everything you describe I usually get at least once a day usually more! and iNath how true i never thought about that I remember before I got my Fiesta I looked at an Audi A3 and I do remember most things being optional now you have said that it must be true and don't forget to qualify to buy one you must on the test drive get at least 2 inches from someone else bumper at 60 and then do a dangerous overtake of at least 3 cars!

Can't beat a bit of stereotypical banter.

I've been cut up by people in Fiesta's.

I've been sat at junctions when fiesta have failed to indicate.

I have seen Fiesta's hog the middle lane.

I have had Fiesta's right up my jacksey (not for long though. ;) )

See, the thing is and I've said it on here before, there are good drivers and there are bad drivers. In both categories you will have women, men, youths, elderly, BMW's, Fords, Jaguars, Corsa's etc etc etc etc etc. I don't change my style of driving when I go from the Fiesta to the BMW.

Tailgaters of course, particularly the idiots who beep & flash their lights at you. Since when did they own the road? Then if you don't move out of their way quickly they undertake you anyway & look at you as though you are the idiot.

People who don't move out of the overtaking lanes when there is 20 miles of free road in front of them deserve it. Thats the only thing that really annoys me on the road.

People who don't move out of the overtaking lanes when there is 20 miles of free road in front of them deserve it. Thats the only thing that really annoys me on the road.

Gotta agree with you there, especially on a relatively uncrowded motorway when there is no need for them to be in the overtaking lane.

What I mean is on a 40mph dual carriageway when you are in the correct lane for the approaching junction/roundabout doing slightly over the speed limit (ahem).

Another one is people who undertake/overtake you on roundabouts when they are clearly in the wrong lane for the direction they are going.

....(gotta agree with all the gripes,ok its an age thing!)...But... My main Bug bear is ....

those that park on your side of the road FACING you and with their full Headlights on,

mainly outside take a ways :blink: ...GGGggRRRrrr ....really grates my !Removed!,many a Conversation :rolleyes:

I drive a bimmer and the Fiesta. I get cockblocked alot when I am in the bimmer. If I am trying to pass someone in the next lane before coming up to a much slower moving car in my lane while in my bimmer, people will speed up to prevent me from passing and then slow back down. This rarely happens in my Fiesta, I am simply allowed to pass.

When I see someone is trying to block me in, I usually drop gears and stomp on the gas and zip by them and jump in front of them rudely. Almost never are the people who cockblock driving cars that can counter the speed increase as fast, so not much they can do. Which no doubt will lead to them saying BMW drivers are !Removed!. But if they didn't start any problems, ther wouldn't be any problems.

Not sure about a test, but BMW does have a driving school in the US anyway and buying a new car usually comes with a slot in the class

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Experience/Events/PDS/default.aspx?enc=/eiUrYOZAxtXbrazY6tfkmnueZmuSV+mTyz9vrTx7NgAWHnQOlwCL2SvLmcJJoamEu4NSSQxrBn5KCtYa5AbwfPwA9BnoT+E0Akh6uonznn76610XpyfRMMb1lmv0m9QIf2OvvQsG+9Dx86T6xGhQQ==

Stereoype.

Middle aged men with a gorgeous blond next to them always drive a convertable with the roof down. Old men wearing Trilby hats always drive a Mini Metro.

I agree Middle laners on the motorway are a pain and people who don't indicate on a roundabout are really annoying.

People who drive 4x4 who think they can just pull out in front of you.

Any one remember Steve wright's "Mr Angry" and his hate for car ariels made from coat hangers, IT MAKES ME SOOOOOO ANGRY. :lol::lol:

Also, I don't actually rate BMW drivers as being particularly bad. The lack of concentration might be something to do with the fact that the majority of owners are sales reps and middle management who spend hours a day on the motorway.

I'd personally put Rover drivers as the worst on the road. BMW and Audi drivers are the most aggressive though... Oh, and Vauxhall Insignia drivers are often irritating I've found recently - always get right up your botty with the cheapo DRLs in your mirror.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club