Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 'rear Privacy Glass'

BHeart

Hi

When I ordered my Fiesta Mk7 last July, I added quite a few options and one of those was "rear privacy glass" on the rear side windows and back window. Can anyone tell me if these windows actually are tinted glass or glass that has a dark tinted film stuck to them?

The reason I'm asking is because I washed the car last Tuesday and when I was drying off the hatch door window, I saw what looked like 'creases' through the glass. I dried the windows fully and they are no longer noticeable, so hopefully the windows are dark tinted glass?

BHeart

Don't quote me, but think it's glass as it's a build option, not an extra 'dealer' fit!

Hi mark t

That was a fast reply, thank you.

When I ordered the car, it had not been build and all options should have been factory fitted, which is what I wanted and not 'retro fit' so, I certainly hope that it's dark tinted glass because that is what I thought I was paying for.

Thanks again

My rear windscreen tho appers to have a small "bubble" wher the tint has lifted off on mine tho..its tiny so dont mind it and it hasnt got any bigger.

I'm 90 percent sure that it is indeed tinted glass. Whether the dealer decided they could save some money by doing it themselves for cheaper remains to be seen ...

I'm its glass aswell, otherwise they would have to put something in the handbook about not cleaning with ...

There's a chemical found in some glass cleaners that you cant clean tinted film with, cant remember what it was :lol:

Either way ... it would have to appear in the handbook. Its glass

Ammonia....never clean tint with ammonia. Make sure you only use ammonia free cleaners.

Go to your dealer and look at how things were itemized. It should show exactly how they get the car from the factory, before anything else is done to it. Unless you ordered the car directly from the factory yourself without a dealer doing the leg work for you, just because it was an option durring the build doesn't mean the dealership isn't going to send out the car to the lowest bidder to slap some tint on before they turn it over to you.

My Titanium has the rear privacy glass as standard & it's definitely dark tinted glass - not a "stick on film" treatment.

Hi

Thanks for all of you interesting reply's.

I've checked the ETIS website and the car was built on 9th September 2010 and I've included an extract from minor features:

* With Light Tint/Dark Tinted Glass

* Standard Green Glass Windscreen

* With Heated Windscreen

So it does not actually state "rear privacy glass".

Before I go back to the dealer, is there any way I can physically check on the car? I would imagine that as I noticed 'some creases' through the rear hatch glass from the outside, then if I run my hand across inside of the glass, I should be able to feel if the glass is not totally flat?

Thanks, BHeart

Not being in the habit of carrying celebs or royals :) , I specified the “privacy glass deleted” option for my Titanium. I think the cabin takes on a more unified appearance as a result. Anyway the ETIS entry for my car reads:-

* With Tinted Glass All Round

So I reckon BHeart's car really was built with privacy glass.

The option to delete Privacy Glass from a Titanium seems to have disappeared from the Price List, which is a shame as I dislike Privacy Glass so much it would stop me from buying a Titanium.

Stewart.

If it's factory ordered it should be tinted glass,if the dealer has done it themselves then you should have had a receipt

For this which would give you a years warranty on them.the windows would have been done by another company which the dealers call in .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club