Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

shrek5654

DIY central locking upgrade

6 posts in this topic

Hi i have a 2000 X reg finesse and i am looking to upgrade the manual central locking into remote, the problem is that there is no central locking control modual to wire into and can find no other way to do this has anyone on here managed to upgrade there central locking on the same year and model i know on the older models its pretty straight forward but seem to be banging my head against a wall :huh: any help is greatly needed cheers shrek

Having the same problem did you get this sorted?

I have a similar kit here from my old Punto. I never got around to wiring it up lol

For cost of postage and possibly a new battery for the remote...could be worth a shot...if so, message me

I have the kit, just cant quite get to work hahaha

Can anyone specifially tell me where the main central locking unit is on a mk6, i heard it was near the fuse box but i cant see it haha the car definitely has central locking