Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Genuine Ford Sill Scuff Plates

Wappygixer

I'm looking at getting some genuine Ford chrome sill scuff plates.

I've seen some picture and they look quite wide so I'm wondering if anyone has fitted any?

They just look like you would need to fit them under the door seals.

Hi, if its these non light up ones then yes I've fitted some. Didn't end up needing to lift the rubber door seals either which I was quite pleased about.

Just have to wipe the door frame clean, remove the paper off the sticky pads on the bottom of the plates, and press the plates firmly onto the door frame. Simples.

:)

IMG_0009.jpg

i lifted up the rubber bit but all ya do is literally pull it and it pushes back in ya have to be really stupid to put it back in wrong its simple... as for the scuff plates them selves... i proper got giddy over them at first, but its disappointing when no one notices them after a few week, i dont even spot them no more haha... but a worth while add on might i say :)

i lifted up the rubber bit but all ya do is literally pull it and it pushes back in ya have to be really stupid to put it back in wrong its simple... as for the scuff plates them selves... i proper got giddy over them at first, but its disappointing when no one notices them after a few week, i dont even spot them no more haha... but a worth while add on might i say :)

lol yeah for the first few days people got in and looked at me as if to say what you waiting for, then I'd go Welllll...... what do you think of the scuff plates then?

(I don't notice them either now. Maybe should of went for the light up ones :unsure: )

You can get light up ones??

Wow not seen them.

Even us middle age folk get excited lol.

I just want them to protect the sills really, its not for visuals that much, but I do confess that I think they look great.

Mine still have the blue protector plastic on them - I liked the look at first. Thinking now though that I should remove them as they do look good in silver... And how come the stitching on your mat is still white? Mines gone a dirty colour along with the mat itself.

Mine still have the blue protector plastic on them - I liked the look at first. Thinking now though that I should remove them as they do look good in silver... And how come the stitching on your mat is still white? Mines gone a dirty colour along with the mat itself.

The mats are only a couple of months old tbh, although I thought over winter they would of went brown.

And yeah, take off the plastic lol. When mine arrived new I thought I'd somehow ordered blue plates by accident :rolleyes:

Got some last week! Didn't lift up the rubber as it looked a bit too much hassle considering you can just stick them down. All you have to watch out for is the corners are very sharp, so you have to be very careful placing them as they could quite easily scratch the paintwork.

I don't notice mine either, but they do look stunning! :D

If you haven't bought them yet look on eBay, I got mine for just under £35 inc. p&p, which I think is very reasonable :D

got these on mine , i cant remember now if i lifted the rubber seal up , but be aware that once you stick them on they are very hard if impossible to ajust , make sure you have them exactly in position before sticking down completly or it will be hard to alter them.

There is a shop in a America which sell the illuminating door sills and gear knob for 202 quid delivered to the UK. Bargain. its greencarstuning I think.

I'm not sure whether it's of any interest, but I got mine from here Lockwood International £22.95 a pair. They don't have any for the 4dr at the moment, but if you're near Leeds they are looking for a car to measure up. They're giving a free set as part of the bargain.

med_gallery_7902_130_688909.jpg

I'm very happy with them.

P.S. Sorry about the state of the car, long overdue a good clean inside and out. :)

Ordered them from eBay last night.Paid £45 delivered.

Still cheaper than my main dealer so not too fussed.

Got my mats today too so its coming along nicely.

• 1 year later...