Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Name: Dragutin
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2005

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:54 AM

Hi guys!

Any chance someone could point to a link or offer photos of how to remove the glove box on Focus mk.II?

BR//Drazha

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 catch

catch

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts
  • Ford Model: MK2.5 Focus 1.6 Titanium Petrol
  • Year: 2011
Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:14 AM

Hi guys!

Any chance someone could point to a link or offer photos of how to remove the glove box on Focus mk.II?

BR//Drazha

Welcome to the forum.

now assuming you have read the content and viewed the photos on this thread, I can only assume this post is a Reverse Irish Joke Post. Posted Image

#18 bottletree

bottletree

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Name: Shane
  • Ford Model: C-max 2.0litre. Ghia EST. 2005

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:00 PM

To replace pollen filter, take car down to brilliant local garage that charges reasonable prices and get it done same time as a service. It will save you the frustration, time and anger of having to smash the whole !Removed! car up whilst attempting it.
Job done. :angry:

#19 catch

catch

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts
Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:55 AM

During the war............what is it with you young whipper snappers, it's a nowt job really, I've spent longer on the toilet. :ph34r:

Wife came back from work the other day, and said our car was now the dirtiest car parked outside her office block. She said all her work mates [who I reckon are on circa a tenner an hour] paid twenty five quid to have their cars washed, polished and vaced out. I said, if it worries you that much it's easily solved, and I'll only charge you a tenner.......mates rates :D

#20 bottletree

bottletree

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Name: Shane
  • Ford Model: C-max 2.0litre. Ghia EST. 2005

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:24 PM

One of the local car wash places i frequent , you know the one where they hire illegal immigrants, but boy do they do a cracking job ;) Anyhow they charge 10 for wash, chamois leather, vacuum the whole interior including the roof lining. Polish the wheels and make the windows look new inside and out All plastics are cleaned to a high standard and you are given a freshener at the end. 4 of them working on your car for 20 mins.

#21 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 14,976 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:18 PM

clearly theres a price difference - 15 down here in kent! lol the expensive north south divide shows :P I got a full blown valet, the full works for 60 on my focus when I had it... I dont think thats too bad, took them a good few hours, car was like brand new!

#22 johnH

johnH

Ford Enthusiast

• 1,091 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 Zetec 1.8 TDCI (Climate)
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:25 PM

same as bottletree, but the libyans as i call them charge £5!...this is just at an old petrol station near the tyne bridge

my only problem finding somewhere new as cheap and as good! border force got to them i think :/

#23 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 14,976 posts
Contributor

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:29 AM

haha, thats because your entering Geordie territory! thats why its so cheap :) you might find them hanging around on street corners making up the difference!

Maybe they thought if they dared to ask for 10, so many people would get their cars washed and drive off without paying! lol

#24 johnH

johnH

Ford Enthusiast

• 1,091 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 Zetec 1.8 TDCI (Climate)
Contributor

Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:14 PM

hahaha sounds true...just as well im not a native geordie...more of a teesider or smoggie as its known. :lol:

#25 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 14,976 posts
Contributor

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:00 AM

I was a smoggie for long enough, I dont like to admit it as admitting your town took orders from Stockton to hang a monkey - and you did, kinda makes you look a muppet :)

#26 justgotast170

justgotast170

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Name: Darren
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:12 PM

Catch, Good guide. Just confused about the fuse box. Ath the front of the box are 2 twist catches that let it deop down. But are you also saying disconnect the rear hinges too.

Also did you disconnect the battery when doing this.

Thanks

daz

#27 catch

catch

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts
Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:16 PM

Catch, Good guide. Just confused about the fuse box. Ath the front of the box are 2 twist catches that let it deop down. But are you also saying disconnect the rear hinges too.

Yes, you just lift the fuse box assembly and unhook it from the bracket that is secured to the bulkhead, it allows you to move the fuse assembly to the left. And best to remove the bracket itself, this inturn making it easier to get at the filter compartment. And easier to slid the filter into position without the need to scrunch it up and stuff it into the housing at an angle.

Also did you disconnect the battery when doing this.

Thanks

daz

No need to do that.

#28 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 8,796 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

Right here are some photo's I took, to aid anyone wanting to have ago at changing their own Pollen Filter. Just follow the advice already given by John and Brian.

The question you have to ask yourself is this...has it ever been changed?

Lets look at my motor as an example.

It's a 55 plate, so at the time I write this post, it is five years and four months old. Having supposedly undergone four services prior to coming into my ownership back in October 2009. It had what was agreed prior to me picking it up from the selling Ford Main dealer, a 37.5K major service. It was sold as a "Franchise Approved Vehicle" Now I was present when my mechanic did it's first service in my ownership in October 2010, and I said I would do the pollen filter myself at a later date. Now bare in mind the pollen filter is supposed to be changed at every annual service. Myself I think that is not really necessary unless your doing a fair mileage say 20K or above.

Anyway my motor has 39,396 miles on the clock, and when I removed the filter I Googled the manufactures name, Micronair you will see on that page that it states:The majority of all new vehicles are fitted with micronAir.

So, given that the Ford replacement pollen filters part number 1 494 691, the one I fitted, are slightly different to the Micronair one I removed. And given that there are quite a few different after market branded filters stocked by auto parts suppliers to the trade. It would be fair to assume that the filter I removed was in fact the original filter installed in the aircon unit prior to it being installed at the time of the cars build date. Indeed the nut headed type screws that secured the filter cover, looked like they had never seen a socket since the day they were originally screwed in.

So I would recommend to all that if you want to be sure your motors filter is up to the job, best to replace the filter yourself. Like I said on my last post Ebay is full of auctions of these filters :rolleyes:

Additional Tip:

Photo one shows the glove box removed, now after removing the glove box, 4 screws at top, 3 at the bottom. Disconnect the mechanism that is supposed to stop the glove box door from opening to quickly. It's just to the right of the opening in the picture, a plastic rod in a cylinder type thing. Then just pull the glove box lid [using both hands] it will come away from it's securing hinges. Reverse instruction to refit, you will hear it click into its hinges.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image"]

Posted Image

can someone from the Mods stick this guide in to the specific section on the focus Guides & How to
thanks.

#29 Ash88lfc

Ash88lfc

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Name: Ash
  • Ford Model: Focus 2008
  • Year: 2008

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:30 PM

Had no idea about this piece. Suggesting mine obviously needs changing as never changing it before. Will this fit my car anyone? Thanks.

http://payments.ebay...id=280922576436

#30 NorthSussex

NorthSussex

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Name: Stormin
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 Petrol manual
  • Year: 2009

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:04 AM

If you get the garage to change the filter during a service you can easily check if it has been done, move the passenger seat fully forward and put a piece of masking tape on the seat runner before the car goes to the garage, the mechanic will need to push the seat back to replace the filter this will move the tape, he is also unlikely to pull the seat forward again. I'm not saying I don't trust garages but it does give peace of mind to know it's been changed and you have not been charged for something that,s not been done. <_<

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users