Do Not Sell My Personal Information

S Max Starting Problems...sometimes

Getts33

Hi

I have got a ford s max 2.0 diesel, 2006. The problem I have is it doesnt start first time everytime, most times it is fine but sometimes it takes a few attempts to get it started. For example today it took 6 times to start and then it is fine. I had a similar problem last summer and it wouldnt start at all, tooko it too a ford garage who checked the fuel pump pressure which was fine, and it ended up being the fuel module (quite expensive!). Though it wouldnt even turn over at this point. After the module was fitted they re set the computer.

Any ideas of why it isnt starting now first time?? Problem is if I take it to ford they will put it on their computer and show up nothing, i love my car...just dont know if it will start first time or not when I go outside. Any help appreciated!

• 1 month later...

Ford s max 2.0 diesel, 2007.

I have exactly the same problem. The car will turnover but not start. It does eventually start but you are left with a few anxious moments before it does. Mine went into ford and they found no problems at all during the warranty period. Its just started again this week so back it goes again!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club