Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tamsin

Engine System Fault - Please Help :/

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

Can anyone please offer any advice?

I have a Ford Focus Zetec 1.6, Diesel, reg 55. A message saying 'engine system fault' and a small red light has appeared, there's no engine management light or symbol on or any other light . The oil and water levels are fine, starts up no problem, when running it sounds fine, could anyone please advise what it could be? At this point in time the garage is not sure.

Thanks

Tamsin

hi, welcome to the forum.

i just had this problem with my car, if it is the exact same it will be you fuel filter. to test get up to motorway speed try and go a little faster (when it is quiter) and if you experiance kangerooing then yes i would guess the fuel filter. please see the link in my signiture for my experiances and see if they match.

dont panic the fuel filter costs no more than a tenner. but i cant say for labour as i did it myself.

my fuel filter issue showed no lights, in fact the engine just cut out. definately go up the motorway and sit at about 55 - then put your foot down - if it cuts out it needs replacing, probably too much air in the fuel line. use the dash trick thats pinned to the top of the forum to check for any DTC codes also. as you have a warning and the ESL warning there should be something in there...