#1 Tamsin

Tamsin

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:51 PM

Hi,

Can anyone please offer any advice?

I have a Ford Focus Zetec 1.6, Diesel, reg 55. A message saying 'engine system fault' and a small red light has appeared, there's no engine management light or symbol on or any other light . The oil and water levels are fine, starts up no problem, when running it sounds fine, could anyone please advise what it could be? At this point in time the garage is not sure.

Thanks

Tamsin

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 johnH

johnH

Ford Enthusiast

• 1,091 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 Zetec 1.8 TDCI (Climate)
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:31 PM

hi, welcome to the forum.

i just had this problem with my car, if it is the exact same it will be you fuel filter. to test get up to motorway speed try and go a little faster (when it is quiter) and if you experiance kangerooing then yes i would guess the fuel filter. please see the link in my signiture for my experiances and see if they match.

dont panic the fuel filter costs no more than a tenner. but i cant say for labour as i did it myself.

#3 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,754 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:05 AM

my fuel filter issue showed no lights, in fact the engine just cut out. definately go up the motorway and sit at about 55 - then put your foot down - if it cuts out it needs replacing, probably too much air in the fuel line. use the dash trick thats pinned to the top of the forum to check for any DTC codes also. as you have a warning and the ESL warning there should be something in there...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users