Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth Conectivity With Android 2.1

Brent M

Can anyone recommend an android phone that is compaible with ford bluetooth? sony ericsson seems to have problems from research on the web as does HTC. The ford compatibillity web page doesn't list many newer phones such as the sony ericsson xperia x10 mini, which is what i am thinking of. Thanks

I can tell you 100% that the HTC Desire and Legend work 100% with phone book showing on the stereo display...also playing music via bluetooth works perfectly....BUT....i will say....problems are far more likley to be the cars bluetooth firmware needing updating...as a friend of mine had problems with his Desire until he got the cars firmware updated by the delaer...

Ken

• Like 1

I can tell you 100% that the HTC Desire and Legend work 100% with phone book showing on the stereo display...also playing music via bluetooth works perfectly....BUT....i will say....problems are far more likley to be the cars bluetooth firmware needing updating...as a friend of mine had problems with his Desire until he got the cars firmware updated by the delaer...

Ken

You have just answered one of main questions :), i couldnt live without my HTC so this is great news. cheers

Ken

Have to say I was impressed on the test drive that the girl demoing the radio was able to sync my Desire (Android 2.2) up and make a call through it in a few minutes. I am having the firmware upgraded as part of the pre-delivery work they are doing though... ;)

Savcom

I have a nexus one, which is HTC, and have no problems with bluetooth connection.

My stereo didn't want to do bluetooth audio streaming with any device at all though, until i had it's firmware upgraded at the last service. Now everything works perfectly.

My Desire (2.2) works 100% on my non updated (as far as I'm aware) 09 plate.

Not sure about the bluetooth streaming, never used/tried it, there's no point, as I have a USB stick for music.

I believe I've got the latest version of software for the stereo, and Android 2.2. Both of which allow bluetooth to work fairly well. music streaming works, and steering controls operate my phone's music. It's not ideal however as there are 'pops' and other noises atleast once during every song. It's not completely ruined its use, but using a USB stick, or iPod is a better solution.

That said, it appears as though plugging anything into my Aux port has a distinct level of background hissing going on. I've noticed the Aux port isn't the must secure, or snug fitting in the Fiesta. Used multiple Aux cables too, with either end of each wire I've tried fitting firmly in the iPod end, I'm certain it's the Fiesta Aux port being a bit naff!

Thanks for the replies, looks like i am heading for the lower end of the Android market a HTC Wildfire or Sony Ericsson xperia x10 mini. Anyone connected either of these to Ford bluetooth?

My misses had a Wildfire whilst her Legend got fixed...yes worked fine....

Ken

Hi I have the Lg 540 using 2.1 android no problems with the phone. I have not tried the music yet regards

BK

UPDATE: Synced my phone via blutooth and the music is very good..BK

My misses had a Wildfire whilst her Legend got fixed...yes worked fine....

Ken

Thanks Ken thats a relief as I am picking up a HTC Wildfire today. So no connection issues with PIN code etc?

• 1 year later...

Hi

Just wanted to add a comment on my own experiences trying to pair

an HTC Wildfire with a 2011 Ford Fiesta via bluetooth. As other posters have commented the mobile device will prompt you to enter the PIN code shown on the car display, but nothing is shown on the car display until AFTER you enter a PIN code. Unfortunately this PIN code is always a randomly generated 4 digit number, not the default 0000 or 1234 suggested by the phone, so there is only a 1 in 10000 chance you'll ever guess what it will generate!.

This is now I got round the problem:

2. Ensure bluetooth is turned on in the car radio settings.

3. Search for available bluetooth devices from the HTC Wildfire.

4. Once found, select 'Ford Audio'.

5. Enter any 4 digit number on the Wildfire and submit.

6. The actual pairing code will then appear on the screen of the car.

7. Rescan for Bluetooth devices on the Wildfire.

8. Select 'Ford Audio' again.

9. Enter the PIN code still shown on the car screen and submit.

10. The Wildfire will then show a message like 'Paired but Not Connected', but will then set up and connect the various services such as Bluetooth Audio, handsfree, phonebook sharing etc.

I'm sure I tried this process before without success, however that was before I applied the software update to the car radio, so that might have made a difference.

Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem. Took me over a year of experimenting until I cracked it!!!

• 6 months later...

Hi

Just wanted to add a comment on my own experiences trying to pair

an HTC Wildfire with a 2011 Ford Fiesta via Bluetooth. As other posters have commented the mobile device will prompt you to enter the PIN code shown on the car display, but nothing is shown on the car display until AFTER you enter a PIN code. Unfortunately this PIN code is always a randomly generated 4 digit number, not the default 0000 or 1234 suggested by the phone, so there is only a 1 in 10000 chance you'll ever guess what it will generate!.

This is now I got round the problem:

1. Update the car software: http://www.ford-mobi...ownloadsUpdates

I'm sure I tried this process before without success, however that was before I applied the software update to the car radio, so that might have made a difference.

Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem. Took me over a year of experimenting until I cracked it!!!

Hello guys,

I am trying to pair my HTC Wildfire(2.2.1 android) with my --2009--Ford Fiesta. Following the last post with the instructions,

I am stuck in step 1 (updating the software). As far as I have seen, my Fiesta does not have any USB adaptor anywhere inside it.

So, my question is: Is this method possible by using an AUX to USB cable? Does that cable transfer data or only sound?

It's the same thing except that the usb stick is not directly attached to a usb port, but through a cable. Would it work?

Many thanks in advance,

Hello guys,

I am trying to pair my HTC Wildfire(2.2.1 android) with my --2009--Ford Fiesta. Following the last post with the instructions,

I am stuck in step 1 (updating the software). As far as I have seen, my Fiesta does not have any USB adaptor anywhere inside it.

So, my question is: Is this method possible by using an AUX to USB cable? Does that cable transfer data or only sound?

It's the same thing except that the usb stick is not directly attached to a usb port, but through a cable. Would it work?

Many thanks in advance,

Without USB your only option for a software update is via a Ford dealer. They will most likely charge for this on any vehicle older than 12months.

Yeah, probably they will...Nevermind I 'll take it. Just hope it's not that much. Thanx for helping.. :)

I had the same problem with my Desire, but found the trick of rescanning. Had to be quick before the PIN display vanished!

Now I have my entire contacts list -many of which are Facebook, Twitter and email-only contacts - in my car phonebook. This is making it useless for browsing and confuses the voicedialling. Looking for a solution, because I only want to push selected contacts to the Sony, not the entire phonebook!

James :)

On your phone go to People > Settings > tick 'Only with phone number'

I think that should remove all the Twitter people. Facebook contacts would still show up if they have a phone number on their profile.