Join Premium & Save
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale

lasse1955

Fix Durashift Gearbox Problem Easy.

TTT    4

greengumbo:   you sure about the wiring ?  can look good, but wire can be broken inside. this can cause intermittent connection.  good luck.

12 hours ago, TTT said:

greengumbo:   you sure about the wiring ?  can look good, but wire can be broken inside. this can cause intermittent connection.  good luck.

Not totally sure but how to check for certain without stripping the coloured wiring ? No bulges as far as I could see though.

TTT    4

I always use battery and buzzer. wiggle and stretch the wires to encourage any break to show up.

TTT    4
25 minutes ago, greengumbo said:

would a continuity multimeter do the job ? sorry if stupid question !

Yes, especially if it has a buzzer. Its so much easier to 'hear' an intermittent connection.

Finally got round to checking wiring. All good with continuity.

Cars been sitting for a few weeks now so battery is kaput. 

Still holding off taking the plunge on clutch ecu unit refurb as I really think its something to do with the ABS. The gear warning comes on when I depress the brakes and ABS is on all the time.

Will check ABS sensors with low volt meter. Manual reckons they should read 1.5 - 2v when wheel is spun.

Me again.  Can't belive this. 3 months ago I replaced the Crankshaft position sensor and until a week ago had no durashift issues. Last Saturday I was approaching a roundabout and the car just stayed in 5th and finally stalled in the outside Lane. Since then it picks and chooses it's own times to work or not work. 

I can go out to it,  won't work,  go in the house for 2 minutes,  try again, works.. 5 minutes later not working.. What is it! I'm about sick of it now :unsure:

Hmmmm, don't think so,  it's not setting that fail code like last time but who knows,  I'll check the wiring around it.

The symptoms change every time I go out to the car. It started half an hour ago,  stopped it and now it's got a blank LCD gear display again.. Half an hour from now it will be working again. Common theme though apparently. 

just did as posting said and it worked perfectly only thing i did differently was to ream both sides great post saved us a fortune thanks lasse

Hi.

I had clutch actuator rebuild. However.. I found it impossible to inject fluid into the gearbox valve instead I had to reverse bleed by drawing  fluid out the bleed valve and topping up reservoir. I started car after deleting error codes. Stuck in reverse CRUUNCH. Transmission light came on. Scanned. Got 'gear shift position' code. Wiggled stick. N light came on. Deleted codes. Transmission light went out. Back to square 1. I know I need to get fluid in somehow. HEEEELP. I am an unpaid volunteer driver. I NEED my car. It won't let me put fluid into valve. Only draw it out. Is there a slave cylinder on this car?

Any help MOOCHO GRASSY !Removed!. 😊

You need to force the brake fluid in through the bleed nipple.  We removed the battery to make it easier to get to.  Read my posts on page 4, and you will see we had the exact same problem as you with the "crunch" 😉

Hi guys I want to Thank "lasse1955" for brilliant illustration of the Fiesta Semi auto Gear box repair. I had the same problem with my mum's 2003 fiesta

which had this horrible semi auto box and having problem of not changing gears. After reading your article took a courage to tackle the problem as every one else

asking over 600 pound to repair. Done exact what was said & with a code reader reset fault code. It's running lovely now. Thanks very much for posting the article with

excellent photos.

On 05/03/2016 at 1:35 AM, Harryzz said:

Just completed this on a 2007 1.4 Lx fiesta. Works a treat. If anybody needs advise on this topic I am happy to help. Based in Ireland. Thanks a million to the original poster!! 

Harry, don't suppose you could help me out? Bought a 2005 fiesta finesse semi auto with durashift two weeks ago won't start. Spent all my savings, devastated. I unfortunately know virtually nothing about cars whatsoever. I am in county down. Got p0300 error then p0700. I don't have the money to take it to a garage at the moment so I'm stuck.

Hey fellas - my Fiesta 2003 exhibits many of the durashift problems described here and my local Ford dealer has given a preliminary assessment pending full investigation with a quote of £1800!!! Can't afford to repair or replace the motor so after reading the posts I shall be having a go - nothing to lose eh.  Many thanks to all you awesome contributors and especially Lasse1955 and Lula for posting pix and diagrams which will guide me when I get the car back.   

Please help --- (my car is ford fusion durashift EST semi automatic, just not start).

When removing the 3 bolts to loose the shift actuator, i got  STRIPPED & STUCK SCREWS and really could not turn it any more, any suggestions please? 

Untitled.png