T140v

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Name: Stuart
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2003

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:13 PM

Thanks for posting this, it has been very helpfull in tracking down the fault in my Durashift fiesta, the ECU/clutch actiator was faulty so have removed it and had it repaired, any one know the correct procedure for bleeding the actuator and associated pipework have had a go using a pressurised system connected to the fluid reservoir and bled the fluid at the gearbox, got some air out but not sure I have it all as the car will not go into reverse ( gears are grating as if the clutch is not fully depressed) the car has the front wheels on ramps so dont want to try forward.

Regards Stuart

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#62 Dan62

Dan62

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
Contributor

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:34 PM

\

#63 T140v

T140v

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:00 PM

Thanks Dan, tried in forward, could hear actuators working but would not go into gear then lost LCD gear indicator, had to unplug the ecu to get the lights back on and the car to start.

Regards Stuart

#64 Dan62

Dan62

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
Contributor

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:21 PM

\

#65 T140v

T140v

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:16 PM

A happy conclusion to the durashift nightmare, had another go at bleeding the ecu/clutch actuator this afternoon removed battery etc for easy access to the bleed nippple and used a 50ml plastic syringe (removed 3 syringes of fluid out of the reservoir to make room) and some 6mm rubber petrol pipe, and forced the fluid in through the bleed nipple I could hear the air being moved round the system, when the syring was empty I shut the bleed valve untill another full syring was attached and opened up and emptied the syringe, did it one more time put averything back together started the car all lights came on then went out as they should  tried into forward went into 1st no problem, tried reverse, no probs so backed off the ramps.

Got the wife to test drive it as she uses it mostly, says its OK.

No thanks to Ford who wanted to charge me £1760 parts with no guarantee that it would work and charging me £80 to put it on the computer and not be able to identify the problem.

Thanks to www.ecu-testing.com who repaired my ECU/clutch actuator in a week and S&D transmissions Doncaster identifying the problem. 

#66 ejd663

ejd663

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: edward
  • Ford Model: fusion

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:29 PM

Hi,

Followed steps as instructed and hey presto it worked. Absolutely brilliant. I have no mechanical skills at all and managed to do this. I have a neighbour across the road this happened to and cost him £2000 from ford to have repaired. Mine cost price of lithium grease and an angled bit wrench (£15).

Remove battery holder first as it is much easier to get to everything.

Thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users