Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ipod Nano Not Working On Aux Socket On Fiesta

Devo

Dear Peeps,

I have a problem with my 2009 Fiesta Zetec. I have 6th Generation Ipod Nano (latest Nano) and the hissing interference noise is unbearable (annoying). Ford have replaced the aux socket (under warranty) but no improvement whatsoever. We have tried all scenario's.

*Tried my nano on a similar model fiesta at the Ford Dealership and it worked ok.

*Ford technician tried his iPhone on our Fiesta with no problems.

*Tried my daughters similar nano on our fiesta and still the same problem.

Ford have tried to place the problem on Apple which is not an option as my nano worked on another fiesta. Ford have told me to buy a Y Lead from them but that wont work as it has a similar lead to what I have with an additional USB port which I cannot use.

I really hope someone else has had similar problems as I need a resolution ASAP. I will be taking the car back to Ford for a fourth time now.

Please help!!!

Steve

Whats wrong with a tape player.

Them FM transmitters and hit n miss, depends on your area, the crowdedness (sp?) of the FM frequencies locally.

Devo,

Sorry if you tried this, but it wasn't clear from your initial post, did you try another jack-jack lead? If that's always been the constant in your car, I'd guess it was more likely to be that than the aux socket. Also, just check that there is no Volume Limiter on your iPod; my iPhone had and there was hissing, especially on quiet tracks as I had to have the car volume up dead high. With the Volume limiter off, and iPhone volume up to maxm I can have the car volume at about 4-6.

Ian

Hi Ian,

Thank you for your suggestion. I will try this option. The strange thing is that the Ford mechanic/engineer tried our ipod nano on a similar Fiesta in the garage forecourt with our lead and it was good so it points the finger back at Ford that the problems still lies with our Fiesta. The ipod has had a diagnostic test from Apple and all is good. The mechanic also tried his iPhone in our Fiesta and it worked ok. It is going back to Ford again tomorrow for the forth time. It is very frustating that you pay 9k for a car and a simple problem like this cannot be resolved.

Many Thanks,

Devo

P.S. No probs Kevin. Its good to have a joke every now and then. Mind you tape players were more simple and reliable!!!

Hi Ian,

Thank you for your suggestion. I will try this option. The strange thing is that the Ford mechanic/engineer tried our ipod nano on a similar Fiesta in the garage forecourt with our lead and it was good so it points the finger back at Ford that the problems still lies with our Fiesta. The ipod has had a diagnostic test from Apple and all is good. The mechanic also tried his iphone in our Fiesta and it worked ok. It is going back to Ford again tomorrow for the forth time. It is very frustating that you pay 9k for a car and a simple problem like this cannot be resolved.

Many Thanks,

Devo

P.S. No probs Kevin. Its good to have a joke every now and then. Mind you tape players were more simple and reliable!!!

Yeah it does point that way, just thought it was worth a shout though! Be interested to hear how you get on.

Ian

• 1 year later...

Figured this out with mine, the iPod has a built in FM tuner which seems to be always active, this causes a feedback loop with the cars FM tuner when plugging a cable into the iPod headphone socket and car AUX in socket as the iPod headphone socket acts as an aerial for the iPod's FM tuner (thus causing the hiss).

I bought a dock connector to headphone socket plug off eBay for a couple of quid, as the iPod's dock connector is not used as an aerial the hiss doesn't occur :)

Something like this does the trick:-

Untitled.jpg

mine also does this but only when i lower the volume on the ipod if i had the volume up full on the ipod it works fine