Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gripes About Ford Direct Nov 2010 Titanium

barrywi

Just got our 2010 Titanium diesel 1.6 with 2000 miles on the clock and here are a few gripes we missed on the road test.

1 No rear passenger compartment interior light ( cheapskates!!)

2 Front passenger head rest only moves up and down and not front to back. Driving her indoors mad.

3 Passenger side windscreen wiper leaves a big section unwiped in front of passenger.

4 Drone from rear tyres on most surfaces(2003 Skoda Fabia was much better) maybe low profile tyres?

5 No rubber mats available from dealer ( world shortage apparently) fitted old Skoda mats temporarily

6 When driving over road with some loose chippings ,which were not noticed in the Skoda, it sounds as if they are rattling around in the car. Lack of soundproofing?

7 No trim on back of rear seats

8 No temperature gauge , strange for a top of range model.

Its funny how such small things can annoy you, but generally happy with the car. 55.9 MPG on short runs so far!

Just got our 2010 Titanium diesel 1.6 with 2000 miles on the clock and here are a few gripes we missed on the road test.

1 No rear passenger compartment interior light ( cheapskates!!)

2 Front passenger head rest only moves up and down and not front to back. Driving her indoors mad.

3 Passenger side windscreen wiper leaves a big section unwiped in front of passenger.

4 Drone from rear tyres on most surfaces(2003 Skoda Fabia was much better) maybe low profile tyres?

5 No rubber mats available from dealer ( world shortage apparently) fitted old Skoda mats temporarily

6 When driving over road with some loose chippings ,which were not noticed in the Skoda, it sounds as if they are rattling around in the car. Lack of soundproofing?

7 No trim on back of rear seats

8 No temperature gauge , strange for a top of range model.

Its funny how such small things can annoy you, but generally happy with the car. 55.9 MPG on short runs so far!

Some people just enjoy moaning. If we offer to help, will you worry that you will be left with nothing to moan about?

Didnt notice most of those things tbh.

Theirs a temp sensor in the middle screen layout.

I think he means engine temp?

I must admit that my purchase of a 58 Fiesta Zetec in Jan wasn't the best either.

First off the car would not unlock, only drivers door would open.All others were deadlocked.Indicators didn't work.Both of these issues were while it was at the dealership.

Got those problems sorted after 4 days.

Got the car home and after a couple of days I noticed the steering wheel radio controls didn't work.

First wash the rear drivers side passenger footwell was full of water.

Went back to dealership to have these sorted.Apparantly the water leak was a known issues on some Fiestas.

Both those problems are now sorted.Then yesterday I was fitting my sil protectors and noticed 2 deep scratches down to the metalwork and some trim missing from the sear seat folding button.

Hopefully that wil be the end of the problems as I love the car, its just a shame I've had a few issues.

The dealership have been pretty good but not outstanding.

I too found it strange not to have an engine temperature guage but I've been told its because diesels run cooler?

Anyway I still wouldn't go back to my old petrol guzzleing Focus.

I've had a pre-owned nearly new Titty from about last July/Aug.

Re: your comments,

1.Yes, bit of a pain as I'm driving a lot more for work and was trying to find the sat nav mount one dark evening from the bowles of the glove box, must save Ford £1.50 per car.

2.Never noticed?

3.Yes it does and I've commented on this before. Slopey windscreen cars need clap-hands wipers

4.Stoopid low profile tyres on a non sport model. Also prob contributes to bent alloys that these models suffer from

5.Mine had carpet mats which are OK

6.Not noticed. Seems a quiet ride to me.

7.Prob best as wipe clean

8.Did notice this when I got the car but don't now.

Now traveling more motorway miles MPG has gone up from 54 to 61mpg, which is nice

3 Passenger side windscreen wiper leaves a big section unwiped in front of passenger

Ford listened to their Fiesta users and adapted the passengers wiper. It is NOW on the new cars 1 cm. longer on each side and the arm is bend a bit more.

From Ford Etis :

1/10/11 New windshield wiper arms and wiper blade length; Revised wiper arm park position

4/2011

The design of the passenger side wiper arm / blade has changed in production for all Fiesta 2008.75 (06/2008-) build from 27.08.2010 (build code AP) onwards. The new passenger side wiper blade is 10 mm longer on either side and the new level wiper arm requires a revised park position for the wiper blade. The old level parts are still available as a spare part for service for vehicles build up to 26.08.2010.

Only for none heated windscreens and windscreens without rain sensor the installation of the new passenger side wiper arm / blade could show a misalignment between the wiper blade park position and the related markings on the windshield.

In case of misalignment ignore the markings on the windshield and adjust the windshield wiper arm according to the following service instruction.

Ignoring these instructions could lead to audible contact of wiper blade tip to A-pillar moulding when the windshield wipers are switch on or damages to the front windshield wiper blades. If required, check and adjust the angle of the wiper arm to the windshield glass in reference to TSB 23/2009.

I just made it then - mine was built on the 31st of August!

I must admit that my purchase of a 58 Fiesta Zetec in Jan wasn't the best either.

First off the car would not unlock, only drivers door would open.All others were deadlocked.Indicators didn't work.Both of these issues were while it was at the dealership.

Got those problems sorted after 4 days.

Got the car home and after a couple of days I noticed the steering wheel radio controls didn't work.

First wash the rear drivers side passenger footwell was full of water.

Went back to dealership to have these sorted.Apparantly the water leak was a known issues on some Fiestas.

Both those problems are now sorted.Then yesterday I was fitting my sil protectors and noticed 2 deep scratches down to the metalwork and some trim missing from the sear seat folding button.

Hopefully that wil be the end of the problems as I love the car, its just a shame I've had a few issues.

The dealership have been pretty good but not outstanding.

I too found it strange not to have an engine temperature guage but I've been told its because diesels run cooler?

Anyway I still wouldn't go back to my old petrol guzzleing Focus.

At least you had actual problems and not daft things not worth taking the time to moan about. Number 7 especially lol.

Sorry guys for griping but I was more annoyed at myself for not noticing what were admittedly mostly minor problems when we looked around at different cars. You cant keep a test car for a week to find out about these things so thats why I posted for potential buyers to know what I disliked.

As far as number 7 ....( grins) I like my rear seat backs to be finished properly, black paint will only scratch over the years and look terrible. The car cost a lot of money so with a bit more thought by Ford and them spending about another £10 the car could have ticked more satisfaction boxes. If you dont complain things never get fixed!

Sorry guys for griping but I was more annoyed at myself for not noticing what were admittedly mostly minor problems when we looked around at different cars. You cant keep a test car for a week to find out about these things so thats why I posted for potential buyers to know what I disliked.

As far as number 7 ....( grins) I like my rear seat backs to be finished properly, black paint will only scratch over the years and look terrible. The car cost a lot of money so with a bit more thought by Ford and them spending about another £10 the car could have ticked more satisfaction boxes. If you dont complain things never get fixed!

You can do it yourself easely :

001gqih.jpg

002qra1.jpg

003jo3n.jpg

For a ' how-to" guide : http://www.fiesta-ka-forum.de/fiesta-mk7-57/pimp-my-fiesta-filz-fuer-die-rueckbank-59128/

No that is the sort of feedback I like! Thats the way the seatbacks should look ( like our old Skoda Fabia!!) I will look more later but I wonder how it was done?

I think he means engine temp?

why would you need this ??? , is it really something newer cars need now days anyway?

But if they did that to satisfy everyone's gripes then the car wouldn't be the price it is, it'd probably cost considerably more, so another reason to gripe.

why would you need this ??? , is it really something newer cars need now days anyway?

I would rather have a gauge which showed me that the car engine was tending to get too warm , than rely on a big red light coming on when it was probably too late to do anything about it.

But if they did that to satisfy everyone's gripes then the car wouldn't be the price it is, it'd probably cost considerably more, so another reason to gripe.

I wouldn't call the Fiesta Titanium a particularly cheap car. But that isn't a gripe about a gripe. :rolleyes:

Like those seat backs....

shame the link is in German

Seriously....how much more on the price would it have cost for Fords to have given this simple finishing touch?

I wouldn't call the Fiesta Titanium a particularly cheap car. But that isn't a gripe about a gripe. :rolleyes:

It is compared to Audi A1, BMW Mini, VW Polo, Vauxhall Corsa, Alfa Mito, renault Clio, Citroen C3, Honda Jazz, when they are specced up to similar to the Titanium. there aren't many in same category cheaper.

Like those seat backs....

shame the link is in German

Seriously....how much more on the price would it have cost for Fords to have given this simple finishing touch?

I agree, the Fiesta should come like this from the factory.

Here are some pictures of how i done it with the material from the german site (the manufacterer is Austrian, he sends the items by mail).

This is the package the postman delivered :

2h85ttj.jpg

A view on the larger, pre-cut piece (for the 2-seat) ;

2zfuxjk.jpg

Here is the pre-glued back of the fabric (sticks enormously) :

23lmlib.jpg

How the seatfabrics (or leather in my case) is fixed on the back, with a plastic rim (best place to start and to end) :

21ooakp.jpg

The plastic rim doesn't run true the whole way, so it can be stretched a bit :

vqksi0.jpg

The pre-glued fabric is slightly oversized, so you can put it deep into the place where the plastic rim has to be pushed, I used a bike tyre removal tool to push it smoothly in place :

de1p2o.jpg

After the back of the seats are covered, refit the seats tissue (or leather) :

29ckgef.jpg

Best to start with the smaller part (to get the hang of it) :

317a1qh.jpg

Finished it looks like this (sorry for bad quality picture, it was raining) :

6xthk9.jpg

It's best to fill up some deeper parts on the back of the seats, so that the fabric will remain smooth and tight ( those spare pieces are included in the package ! ) :

33xj6u1.jpg

Price, delivery included ( from Austria to Belgium in my case) : 39,95 euro.

Amberes awesome work and guide! This actualy make me thinking of ordering one. Did I miss a link somewhere? Cheers

I agree, the Fiesta should come like this from the factory.

Here are some pictures of how i done it with the material from the german site (the manufacterer is Austrian, he sends the items by mail).

This is the package the postman delivered :

2h85ttj.jpg

A view on the larger, pre-cut piece (for the 2-seat) ;

2zfuxjk.jpg

Here is the pre-glued back of the fabric (sticks enormously) :

23lmlib.jpg

How the seatfabrics (or leather in my case) is fixed on the back, with a plastic rim (best place to start and to end) :

21ooakp.jpg

The plastic rim doesn't run true the whole way, so it can be stretched a bit :

vqksi0.jpg

The pre-glued fabric is slightly oversized, so you can put it deep into the place where the plastic rim has to be pushed, I used a bike tyre removal tool to push it smoothly in place :

de1p2o.jpg

After the back of the seats are covered, refit the seats tissue (or leather) :

29ckgef.jpg

Best to start with the smaller part (to get the hang of it) :

317a1qh.jpg

Finished it looks like this (sorry for bad quality picture, it was raining) :

6xthk9.jpg

It's best to fill up some deeper parts on the back of the seats, so that the fabric will remain smooth and tight ( those spare pieces are included in the package ! ) :

33xj6u1.jpg

Price, delivery included ( from Austria to Belgium in my case) : 39,95 euro.

I couldnt get all the pictures up but it looks ideal and cheap. Is there a link to the site to buy?

I couldnt get all the pictures up but it looks ideal and cheap. Is there a link to the site to buy?

The site with the pictures had some problems, true ... should be fixed by now.

The guy's name on the german site is Tyrefryer, i do think he posts here as well (but not sure).

I did put a link to the site, Tyrefryer prefers to be contacted throught the site by PM ( private message ) in wich you write that you want his ' Nadelfiltz for the Ford Fiesta '.

I will send him an e-mail tomorrow to draw his attention on this site, maybe he will post an offer here as well.

You can write in english or how i used my old-school german :

Tyrefryer,

Ich möchte gerne das fertig ausgeschnittenen, 3mm Starken Nadelfilz für den Ford Fiesta bestellen.

Mein Name auf dem Forum = Amberes.

Die Lieferadresse ist :

Xxxxx Xxxxxx, xxxxlaan 4, xxxx xxxxx, Belgien.

Senden Sie mir bitte Ihre IBAN / BIC durch für die Zahlung.

Vielen Dank,

He will reply with his bankaccount details and after he gets the money, he sends the package (only took 3 or 4 days for me to get them).

I'm on my second new Fiesta (actually this one was pre- registered and had 300 miles on the clock). The build doesn't seem quite as good on the second and although they are both Titanium spec I've noticed a few minor differences. For example, I am sure my first one had a light in the bottom of the interior mirror which gave a subdued glow over the gearchange area,not on this one. Also the central dash display is quite different. It has now developed a rattle which I have narrowed down to the tailgate. Is this easily adjusted or have I got to go through the pain of taking it in ? Still a great car to drive though.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club