Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Audio Upgrade.

bankz5152

Hey,

Im new on the forums and have a couple questions.

Ive had my 2009 Fiesta for coming up to 2 years now, I love the car but the Speakers are a little crackly and well not great tbh.

Obviously since it has a factory fitted head unit it cant be easily replaced with a standard one. Though im not too worried about replacing that unless totally necessary.

Essentially Id like to replace all 4 Speakers with Sony Xplod or a similar aftermarket brand and add a decent subwoofer.

Not too sure on what power levels for the car but currently in my living room have a 1000watt surround sound system consisting of x5 70watt satellite Speakers and one 200 watt sub which is fine for there but would that be too much or too little for a 5 door Fiesta?

Of course theres wiring it all up which I dont know how to do, though have experience setting up custom surround sound systems and electronics.

Finally I have a Creative Labs 210watt Subwoofer which used to be part of an Active System that broke after a while but the sub still works perfectly, is it possible to set the up with a car amp and use it?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks in advance!

Josh.

Thanks for that! Read through it though seemed a little confusing and many opposing arguments.

Do I need this CleenSweep device installed?

Would these fit in the Fiesta without the need for the CleenSweep.

Unless you're going to remove the factory headset and fit a non standard one, yes.

Three options:

1) Get the pioneer (Ford Branded) Speakers

2) Get an different head unit (aftermarket ones wont really fit in with the car) though there may be new ones which do..

3) Get a cleansweep and amp + speaker set up.

The choice is yours, based on cost, and your needs.

wouldnt waste my time upgrading.....the vibration from the door pockets will be so loud you wont be able to hear any difference !!!!

wouldnt waste my time upgrading.....the vibration from the door pockets will be so loud you wont be able to hear any difference !!!!

Thats why you soundproof the doors.

Bugger.....pressed "post" button half way through message by mistake...above should read

Please explain how soundproofing the doors will stop the door pockets vibrating, have you done this and more importantly ...does work?

Bugger.....pressed "post" button half way through message by mistake...above should read

Please explain how soundproofing the doors will stop the door pockets vibrating, have you done this and more importantly ...does work?

I'm pretty sure if you correctly sound proof the doors themselves it should stop vibrations through the door.

If you keep the door pockets empty you shouldn't have a problem

I have felt like ripping the door pockets off for ages they rattle if anything at all goes in there even a hair

Jamie

Soundproofing helps a little..but more importantly is getting the better stronger brackets for the Speakers, also using stronger plasic clips used around teh edges of the door panel would solve it.

Of course tho..if you deaden the doors with soundproofing you wont have to tun the Speakers up as much, which means less speaker driver movement, which means less rattles anywhere else.

I'm pretty sure if you correctly sound proof the doors themselves it should stop vibrations through the door.

If you keep the door pockets empty you shouldn't have a problem

The main source of rattles is the Speakers causing vibration between the door card and inner shield (that the Speakers and window motor are mounted to).

I covered the backs of the door cards with self adhesive "egg box" foam http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/phonocar-soundproofing-panel.html It's a tedious job fitting it around the complex shapes, but worth the time.

It made it a little difficult to put the cards back on (you need to watch some places where there isn't enough room). But it both stiffens the door card to reduce vibration and stops the plastic bits bouncing off each other.

But as I said on the other thread, I also added SilentCoat to the door skin and a few bits strategically placed on the inner shield where I could feel it resonating. Here's a previous post of mine with pics: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14855&st=0&p=94716entry94716

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club