Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help 0.4Amps Draining My Battery

tm221uk

Hi can someone please help me:

The other week Iwent to start the car after not driving it for a week and the battery was dead (3yr old). I canged the battery and everything was fine until agin thismorning a brand new battery was dead again.

The AA said there was 0.4amps discharge from the battery when everything was off. The only thing that seems to be staying on is the computer light unit (MPG/ Trip?/ Time etc) this red led seems to stay on where as befre Im sure that alwyas switched of after a while. Ive now noticed that the Interior scan button soent work either.

Can anyone help or give an idea as Im looking to sell the vehicle asap and never had a problem with it?

I did install a new audio ubit but runs from a switched connection and im sure its no that that has caused teh problem as I installed it abut 4 weeks ago.

Thanks

Could be a short out on the new radio, but there could be additional shorts on the circuitry, including the trip computer. All you can really do is probe around with a screwdriver to detect any currents running from wires in the radio. other than that you may have to check in with an auto electrician...

Sounds like the radio disconnect it completely for a week or 2 see how you go the radio needs a constant live for memory it may be this?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club