Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting Parking Sensors To Fiesta Mk7

rickycowslip

It depends...

If you have the Bosch (or similar) ones, you can fit them where you want, because they provide many "buttonholes" that allow you to fit the sensors even when the angle is different from 90° to the ground; look at this table:

tabella.jpg

If you have the "chinese" ones, most probably they don't have the right buttonholes, and you have to fit them in the bumper above the rear fog light line.

P.S.

Here you are the original position (measures are in cm):

snc00037201002161611986.jpg

It depends...

If you have the Bosch (or similar) ones, you can fit them where you want, because they provide many "buttonholes" that allow to fit the sensors with angles different that 90° (from the ground), look at this table:

tabella.jpg

If you have the "chinese" ones, most probably they don't have the right buttonholes, and you have to fit them in the bumper above the rear fog light line.

P.S.

Here you are the original position (measures are in cm):

snc00037201002161611986.jpg

cheers what ones did you buy??? and what colour is the diffusor??? or colour have got??

I bought the Bosch Parkpilot URF 7 (and the table I posted comes from their user manual) on amazon.de (at the moment was the cheapest shop).

My bumper is the same color as the above picture, and my diffusor is not painted, so I had to paint only 2 sensors (and their "buttonholes").

By the way... I think that "buttonholes" it's not the right english word. Which is the right one? Adapters?

Cheers expensive no?? :/ cheers ill get 2 painted and 2 unpainted thanks adapters adjusters ?? Im not sure lol haha but thank you but go with some £15 on eBay worth it?? They have great reviews ??

About 140 euros, they're expensive compared to the chinese ones, but they work.

You can buy whatever you want, but at your own risk.

Yh, found some aint Chinese and are £15 in the uk so going to try them plus they are a smaller size to cut than the Bosch ones so if they go !Removed! up i can change them cheers, you know of a way to get them on the front??

Even if they come from UK, the price is £15, so be sure that they are Chinese...

Sorry, I don't have sensors on the front side.

Done these today, and i have a problem they work perfectly and match the colour of the car perfectly too but on cutting one of the hole the drill slipped up maybe 4mm and one is higher than the rest i showed my mates and no one could spot it untill i told them, but i know its there and can see it everytime i look at it, is there anything i can do?? Cheers

• 3 years later...

I fitted a China kit in the place where the sensors are supposed to be (marks moulded in the innerside of bumper by 4 x squares with a cross in them) however they were not working well and after I have even tried with the electromagnetic (aluminium tape, non drill type) I decided to go for something which is rather expensive but has been proved to work by Mr Loolapooza here, the URF 7. What I wish to ask you Loolapooza is from where did you pass exactly the sensors harness cable, the chinese ones I passed the cables through  a channel at the bottom of the luggage boot which has a grommet inside the luggage boot, but from the pics of the URF7 (I still have not received it yet) the harness and plugs seem too big to pass from there and I do not wish to drill new holes or enlarge existing ones. Is there another grommet by any chance? I know that there is one from where the cable  for the reflector in the bumper is. btw I am talking about the driver's side of the luggage boot on a right hand drive car (same as UK). Can someone Lollappoza has been through this before me please give some advice?

At the bottom of the trunk, once removed the spare tyre, you'll see holes with rubber cork. I made an hole in one of those corks.

I found a picture that you posted after I posted the question. Is this from where you passed the cable please? This seem like the point from where I passed mine (not under the spare wheel)

IMG_0115.jpg

Yes, as far as I remember, that's the point.

It's not below the spare wheel, but still you have to remove it to reach that point :-)

No on mine (2016 model) you do not have to remove the wheel, just pill the side upholstery a bit. then from the hole it goes down through a channel and comes out near to where is the plug of the rear fog lamps (the red ones underneath which the parking sensor is to be fitted. However I think that hole is too small for the Bosch harness. or is it not?

You're right.

My memories were wrong... I went to the car and checked.

Actually there's no need to remove the spare wheel, just lift the moquette. The hole is in the right corner.

And the Bosch harness passes from there? I think I  removed and fitted this area and bumper 12 times, first with electromagnetic (tape without holes) sensor did not work, then with china kit with flush sensors (that's why I bought it) picks up false alarms, then made spacers to correct angles of sensors which I did, I angled them 15degrees up but still false alarms. So you get my point that all I wish for now is to fit once and for all. and it was almost small to pass 4 cables of the Chinese sensors which plugs seem much smaller than bosch's

Another thing did you get to remove that piece where the parcel shelf hinges and rest upon to remove the side upholstery completely? I find it difficult to remove

The picture I did (and that you re-posted yesterday) shows a different situation to the picture you posted 30 minutes ago.

It seems that I've got 2 big holes, while you have a big one and a smaller one.

I don't understand which piece are you talking about to be removed, but I remember it was a pain to remove all the plastic things... they are fitted one inside each other.

Could be they changed because mine is from last year (they have a big grille in front). The piece is this

s-l300.jpg

I did not remove . how did you manage? you removed something else first because I can gain acess to only 1 screw and it remains in place/

I don't remember, I'm sorry.

As I told you, I only remember that they're fitted inside each other, so it's not easy to remove.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club