Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help :) Electronics On Car Dying!!!

Nico.

right last night after working perfectly fine i turn on the car and my AUX has packed up, it wont let me select it from the menu at all... and then today my bluetooth just dont seem to work either... i looked at the fuse box everything seems in order there.... anyone know what it could be??? i would like to have a pop at doing it myself tomorrow like but if not a trip to ford on monday after uni is on the cards!

Well all the components of the sound system talk to each other by a type of CAN-BUS system.....there is likley to be either a genuine fault with one of the units....the main CD unit hidden behind the stereo buttons or the BT unit up behind the glovebox.....or a loose cable....id have a "fiddle" around and make sure all plugs are connected and fitted right.....

Ken

bluetooth module software fault. Disconnect the battery for a bit to reset it and if it happens again, take the car to Ford and get the software updated.

You can also do this by pulling a fuse, but I could never find the right one. Disconnecting the battery will reset the mpg, trip etc on the dash and might loose the one-touch operation of the driver's window - but there is an easy procedure to get that back.

the bluetooth is going my head in... anyone have a clue about the AUX? thats the one thats really doing my head in atm... can survive without bluetooth i just dnt ring ppl without it... but no ipod :( i depend on it lol

nice one for the help btw (y)

the bluetooth is going my head in... anyone have a clue about the AUX? thats the one thats really doing my head in atm... can survive without bluetooth i just dnt ring ppl without it... but no ipod :( i depend on it lol

nice one for the help btw (y)

The USB socket comes off the BT module - so same fix for both.

Pulling the right fuse will reset the bluetooth, or debond, and rebond your phone.

I had problems last thursday when my iPod didn't want to work, couldn't select the usb, all I was getting was aux and bluetooth streaming.

What I did was to open the iphones music player in the car, which meant the car took over the sound, and completely locked the ipod, and it took ages to get it reset, but on reseting it, it all works again!

i might delve into the fuse box again later the only problem is last time i did i re-set !Removed! everything, not like it bothers me that much but the clock went trip computer and all that.... if i can find a how to solution on this i will put it on here for people :) might come in useful at time!!!

the annoying bit is this has come all after i just fixed the 12v... couldn't be anything to do with using a Halfords fuse there could it??? its te same like to all accounts other than its working

just booked it in at local ford garage i try and get out of them what was the problem incase anyone else comes across the issue :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club