Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maf On 1.8 2008 Tdci

sweettoad

Could someone please tell me where abouts the MAF is on my 1.8 2008 tdci,and how to remove it,i want to give it a clean as the car has become jerky when moving off and it seems this could be the problem,thanks.

at the risk of sounding stupid, im going to assume you mean the sensor in/around the air filter. i removed mine by unplugging the electrical connection you see on the air filter housing location, there is a small screw undo that and pull and it comes out. simples...

hope this helps

as said above, if you locate the air filter housing/box - the sensor will be screwed into the air duct.

IIRC its little torx headed screws holding the sensor in

If cleaning the maf does not sort it try cleaning the egr valve, I had the same problem with my 1.8 tdci and cleaning the valve sorted it.

If cleaning the maf does not sort it try cleaning the egr valve, I had the same problem with my 1.8 tdci and cleaning the valve sorted it.

Could you please tell me where it is and how to remove it,thanks for your help guys.

Could you please tell me where it is and how to remove it,thanks for your help guys.

'as said above, if you locate the air filter housing/box - the sensor will be screwed into the air duct.

IIRC its little torx headed screws holding the sensor in'

be careful with cleaning it (if you are going to) as these sensors are a little fragile.

'as said above, if you locate the air filter housing/box - the sensor will be screwed into the air duct.

IIRC its little torx headed screws holding the sensor in'

be careful with cleaning it (if you are going to) as these sensors are a little fragile.

Sorry,i meant egr valve you mentioned,thanks.

Sorry,i meant egr valve you mentioned,thanks.

my bad, just read the last few posts again. my mistake, sorry.

All I done was brought some wynns egr cleaning spray.

Removed the intercooler hose going to the egr valve located on the rear of the engine sprayed a tin in and it sorted my shuddering problems.

If you search YouTube cleaning your egr valve there is a vid on there showing you how to do it, it takes about 15 mins to do with someone reving the car why you do it.

All I done was brought some wynns egr cleaning spray.

Removed the intercooler hose going to the egr valve located on the rear of the engine sprayed a tin in and it sorted my shuddering problems.

If you search YouTube cleaning your egr valve there is a vid on there showing you how to do it, it takes about 15 mins to do with someone reving the car why you do it.

No worries,thanks for the info.

• 3 years later...

I am going to have to try all this as my car 1.8 tdci is shuddering when i accelerate hope it works

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club