Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JOHN31

How To Remove Radio?

4 posts in this topic

hi

does anybody have instuctions on how to remove the 59 reg s max radio because i need to get the serial number to get the code lol

thanks a lot

john

if its the same as the focus headunit. you will need 4 removal keys...you can do it with 2. they slot in gap you see around 4 of the buttons on the corners. the gap looks like a knife blade slot, if that makes sense

if its the same as the focus headunit. you will need 4 removal keys...you can do it with 2. they slot in gap you see around 4 of the buttons on the corners. the gap looks like a knife blade slot, if that makes sense

thanks a lot for that i will have a look and see what i find, at one time it was simple lol

thanks again

john

On a 59 reg you probably have the oval shaped radio - in which case there are no "knife-slots". If that's the case you will need to remove the button fascia above the radio (the one with the hazzard switch on) and the console around the gearknob & handbrake, then you will be able to get to the four screws which hold the centre panel on - remove this then you can pull out the radio.

It's meant to be difficult as it's an anti-theft measure.