3 replies to this topic

#1 craigbenham

craigbenham

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:49 PM

Hey Guys,

I have just bought a 2001 focus which has the steering wheel controls but the old tape deck (no CD Changer). I have seen lots of different options for CD players and changers but do not know if they will work with the car? So, what CD player or changer would I need with a Y reg (2001)??

Cheers

Craig

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 johnH

johnH

Ford Enthusiast

• 1,138 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 Zetec 1.8 TDCI (Climate)
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:45 PM

Hey Guys,

I have just bought a 2001 focus which has the steering wheel controls but the old tape deck (no CD Changer). I have seen lots of different options for CD players and changers but do not know if they will work with the car? So, what CD player or changer would I need with a Y reg (2001)??

Cheers

Craig

are you looking to keep it genuine ford products or aftermarket...with aftermarket, all will fit. that way will mean you possibly buying a facia adaptor, harness adaptor and steering stalk control adaptors. whereas genuine is just plug, code and play

#3 dancman

dancman

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ford Model: 1997 fiesta ghia

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:27 PM

hi
i recently bought a conversion kit for my fiesta it came with plugs and facia only 7 quid on ebay just put in conversion kit and your make of car and they should have one. then u can use any normal size stereo u want. i like the ones that read usb and sd cards as u can have the equivilant of piles of cds on a usb pen drive or sd card.
[/quote]dont know about your steering wheel controls though nothing that fancy in my fiesta.if it was me id be down the scrapyard getting a plain steering wheel.

heres one http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item20b68cf094

#4 InstructorPiggy

InstructorPiggy

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 TDCI ZS

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:20 AM

it depends if you wana use your steering wheel controls or not...if not...go aftermarket, Sony/Pioneer etc, if want to keep steering wheel controls, get onto the bay and get a multicd ford unit...

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...f#ht_500wt_1072

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users