Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turbo Failure?

Padds

Hi Everyone. I drive an 05 Focus 1.6 LX TDCi with 82K on the clock. I was coming home round the M25 when the car lost its accelerating power, barely hitting 60mph. A mobile mechanic diagnosed a faulty injector which he then replaced. But the car is still suffering from poor acceleration & struggles to get up hills. A local garage have said the turbo has gone but someone else has said to me that it's just a blocked injector. There solution was to put injector fluid through it and then 'thrash the engine' to clear the blockage. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Padds

Could be the egr valve blocked common fault on the tdci.

Take off the intercooler hose going to it on the rear of the engine and buy some cleaning spray,

go on YouTube there is a vid on there showing how to do it, it's cheap and easy to do and it just might sort it well worth a go.

My 2006 tdci had the turbo go at 85K.It lost power at first and I thought it went into limp home mode,it also made a whirring noise on acceleration which ended up as a grinding noise.The bearings had gone at it cost £1200 to fix.

My 2006 tdci had the turbo go at 85K.It lost power at first and I thought it went into limp home mode,it also made a whirring noise on acceleration which ended up as a grinding noise.The bearings had gone at it cost £1200 to fix.

Would be interesting to know [ for the forums collective knowledge bank] what the eventual verdict is on Padds problem. If it is indeed like yours was, a knackered turbo. At a replacement cost of £1200, it is yet another reason on top of Diesel Particulate Filter replacement costs, plus possible Dual Mass Fly Wheel replacement problems. That anyone considering buying a second hand diesel with circa 70k and above on the clock, should seriously give it some thought. Because if you don't do at least 15K miles per annum or above. You face the distinct possibility that any Road Tax and fuel costs savings will be lost, in fact possibly not even covering the potential repair costs.

Bearings gone, so you have to fork out £1200 for a replacement unit, what a rip off.

Could be the egr valve blocked common fault on the tdci.

Take off the intercooler hose going to it on the rear of the engine and buy some cleaning spray,

go on YouTube there is a vid on there showing how to do it, it's cheap and easy to do and it just might sort it well worth a go.

What video is best as there are a few on there?

Hi All

I took it to another mechanic today (a perk of running a pub is knowing many occupations lol). It was confirmed as a turbo failure. He's calling around to try and get the price down from the original quote I had of £800

• 5 years later...

Hi  just To share my issue 

I was having intermittent power failure on my focus  pulling away from junctions 

I took it to a garage who diagnosed mechanically  nackerd so they deleted it and remapped the car at 288 quid 

I got the car back and the turbo has began to whistle straight away and  is now suffering from turbo lag, I took it to the same garage who diagnosed it with turbo failure,  turbo wastegate error code at a repair cost of 400 plus labour

I took it elsewhere to a friend's garage who couldn't find a fault with it describing it as a minor turbo lag and no fault shown.  

Can anyone  tell me of they have experienced similar issues and the fault  and  how it was resolved!?!?

Any help would be appreciated I am currently resolved to selling it or breaking it 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club