Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Getting Plastics Resprayed - *edit: Did It!*

iNath

Evening all,

I'm looking to get some plastics resprayed on my Fiesta - just wondering if anyone has an idea of rough cost?

I would like the exterior plastics gloss black; grille, fog light surrounds, the 2 things under the bonnet either side of Ford badge & rear diffuser.

Inside I would like everything that is currently silver sprayed frozen white; radio, centre console, "secret compartment", steering wheel "V" shape, air vent rings & door handles.

How much do you think I should pay for this? If you have any recommendations on where to get the work done that would be helpful too :)

EDIT: Did the interior myself - see post #8 for pics!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2011fiesta

• PPKing

• iNath

• Preee

Top Posters In This Topic

Give elite paint and body on rothersthorpe road ind est a ring nathan

Give elite paint and body on rothersthorpe road ind est a ring nathan

You got any details for them? Can only find Elite Motors Bodyshop on St James Mill Road who I've already been too.

the front plastics are prone to chipping, so don't go skitz when you get a slight fake... its just cos the front takes all the bruising from the drag, salt, water etc etc. i've expeimented with loads of paints and techniques, nothing guarantees your paint won't flake off.

i did find out that there is a very fine balance between too much and too little primer. give it ablast yourself on just the fogs (they're easy to remove and paint), just to see if you fancy doing it yourself, save some dough :)

This is not something I can attempt myself - no clue & nowhere to do it :P

EDIT: and no patience!

sorry i meant excel, 01604 43 21 32 nn4 8jh

sorry i meant excel, 01604 43 21 32 nn4 8jh

Sent them an email, thanks :)

• 2 months later...

Right finally built up the courage and went down Halfords.

Got an assortment of sandpaper, white primer, Frozen White spray paint & lacquer (also a greenhouse, but that was from Argos as I actually needed somewhere to do the spraying....)

4 days and a lot of hard work and patience later.....

228315_10150285014623438_513878437_9420203_3843495_n.jpg

215270_10150285011193438_513878437_9420188_8050757_n.jpg

More pics can be seen here.

Right finally built up the courage and went down Halfords.

Got an assortment of sandpaper, white primer, Frozen White spray paint & lacquer (also a greenhouse, but that was from Argos as I actually needed somewhere to do the spraying....)

4 days and a lot of hard work and patience later.....

Looks great! Is it that difficult to remove and paint the plastics?

Thats really smart, looks factory finish standard

Do you have to sand down the interior plastics before spraying?

Looks great! Is it that difficult to remove and paint the plastics?

Easy enough to remove everything. Most of it is just clipped in with the exception of the radio (2 bolts & 2 screws) & the steering wheel 'V' (3 screws)

Thats really smart, looks factory finish standard

Why thank you :)

Do you have to sand down the interior plastics before spraying?

Yes definitely.

The process I used was:

• 400 grit sandpaper (here)
  • White primer (here)
  • 800 grit
  • Paint (here)
  • 1200 grit
  • Lacquer (here)

wow looks awesome - how easy was it any advice?

Just needs lots of patience and take your time. This is my first time doing anything like this but I found you really can learn anything from the internet!

Apply lots of thin coats (or it will run) and leave overnight to dry.

Easy enough to remove everything. Most of it is just clipped in with the exception of the radio (2 bolts & 2 screws) & the steering wheel 'V' (3 screws)

Why thank you :)

Yes definitely.

The process I used was:

• 400 grit sandpaper (here)
  • White primer (here)
  • 800 grit
  • Paint (here)
  • 1200 grit
  • Lacquer (here)

Just needs lots of patience and take your time. This is my first time doing anything like this but I found you really can learn anything from the internet!

Apply lots of thin coats (or it will run) and leave overnight to dry.

Great, thanks for sharing all the steps...should be fun to do :D

Nice job! Unfortunately i can`t do it, may i will take it to the garage...

Nice job! Unfortunately i can`t do it, may i will take it to the garage...

If you want to skip the hard job, you can take the plastics to some paint shop...shouldn't cost that much

• 6 months later...

Just letting people know I've made a video if you need help with it :)

Just letting people know I've made a video if you need help with it :)

Well in mate!

Ill use this video when I finally get round to doing my plastics over the xmas holidays. ;)

• 1 year later...

Thinking of getting some of my interior plastics sprayed.

I've always wanted the temperature control surrounds and secret compartment door sprayed glossy black to match the Sony headunit. And the auto shifters silver base surround done to match the glossy black shifter knob. Probably will also get the door grab handles done too but thinking about stopping there?

Reckon the dial surrounds, round vent surrounds and the 2 vents either side of the radio would look alright left silver?

The new face lift fiestas have a mix of silver and glossy black interior plastics and I think it looks okay.

And should I get the steering wheel 'V' done black to match all the bottom half, or leave it to match the higer up silver bits.

Decisions decisions.

Hi mate,

I've just sprayed my interior plastics this weekend, well, I've ordered some more Vision Blue paint as I haven't got enough to do the centre piece :P But I've done the ring air vents, door grab handles and the steering wheel 'V'. It looks so much better IMO but I can't wait to start on the whole centre piece as I think that will really finish it off, so for me I would say for what it's worth to just do it :)

Hi mate,

I've just sprayed my interior plastics this weekend, well, I've ordered some more Vision Blue paint as I haven't got enough to do the centre piece :P But I've done the ring air vents, door grab handles and the steering wheel 'V'. It looks so much better IMO but I can't wait to start on the whole centre piece as I think that will really finish it off, so for me I would say for what it's worth to just do it :)

Ah cool, reckon you could post pics of everything, I haven't seen vision blue interior plastics before?

Paul :)

Ah cool, reckon you could post pics of everything, I haven't seen vision blue interior plastics before?

Paul :)

Sure mate, I'm just in the process of primering the centre piece, so once thats fitted I will put the pics up so you can see :)

Paul

Sure mate, I'm just in the process of primering the centre piece, so once thats fitted I will put the pics up so you can see :)

Paul

Cool, thanks.

I'm looking at removing my plastics at the weekend.

(My thoughts on leaving my vents silver was because the headunit would have to be masked off to spray the vents either side of it, plus then I'd be able to leave the dial surrounds silver too (not even sure where to start if I were to remove them)