Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Getting Plastics Resprayed - *edit: Did It!*

iNath

Cool, thanks.

I'm looking at removing my plastics at the weekend.

(My thoughts on leaving my vents silver was because the headunit would have to be masked off to spray the vents either side of it, plus then I'd be able to leave the dial surrounds silver too (not even sure where to start if I were to remove them)

Hi mate, I've just put back the centre console and installed the Mountune short shifter :) Really pleased with all the results.

Are you giving your plastics a go?

309824_10200426967460350_1153938075_n_zps6f354ebb.jpg

196297_10200426970380423_208662386_n_zps07870913.jpg

14796_10200426963700256_2097277792_n_zpseaef2e95.jpg

Let me know if you want any help or questions of any sort :)

Regards,

Paul

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2011fiesta

• PPKing

• iNath

• Preee

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks good! all coordinated with your exterior now. You should get a vision blue DMB overlay for the steering wheel too.

Are you giving your plastics a go?

Funny you should say that, I just removed them this morning. Just got to find a security screwdriver set in the garage so I can remove the steering wheel 'V' - looks like it has star shaped screws??

IMG_2138.jpg

That looks good! all coordinated with your exterior now.

Funny you should say that, I just removed them this morning. Just got to find a security screwdriver set in the garage so I can remove the steering wheel 'V' - looks like it has star shaped screws??

IMG_2138.jpg

Good work mate! Yes the 3 screws on the steering wheel are all little Torx (star) screws annoyingly. You'll find that most of the interior screws seem to be Torx! Have you got the primer ready to go then??

Good work mate! Yes the 3 screws on the steering wheel are all little Torx (star) screws annoyingly. You'll find that most of the interior screws seem to be Torx! Have you got the primer ready to go then??

Well actually I'm being lazy - my dads friend at a body repair place around the corner is gonna do it. (Although I probably should have asked before removing everything but nevermind - fingers crossed lol)

Well actually I'm being lazy - my dads friend at a body repair place around the corner is gonna do it. (Although I probably should have asked before removing everything but nevermind - fingers crossed lol)

Lol fair play! Atleast you know you will have a good finish. Look forward to seeing it finished, post the pics :)

post the pics :)

Like i need telling lol.

Might be next weekend by the time they're done and I'm in the car during day light to take pics.

I'm thinking of spraying my plastics blue , similar to the colour i did my brakes , looks really good on the fiesta

Go for it mate! I was unsure before hand too but I think it is really worth it. How did you find painting the brakes?

Go for it mate! I was unsure before hand too but I think it is really worth it. How did you find painting the brakes?

Brakes were very easy to do , small brush and took about 30 minutes each wheel

Excellent :) where did you buy your paint from? Is the Halfords calliper brake paint meant to be any good do you know?

Excellent :) where did you buy your paint from? Is the halfords calliper brake paint meant to be any good do you know?

Hi Paul

got it from eBay 12.99 , loads of different colours

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200732979222?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_1554wt_932&clk_rvr_id=444160225616&afsrc=1

hey man- did you loose your stereo code when you disconnected it?

hey man- did you loose your stereo code when you disconnected it?

Hi mate

Didn't have any problems with the radio at all. Just simply unplugged it from the centre console, then plugged it back in a few days later and it worked just as normal, no problems what so ever :)

Mine is a 2010 model so I can't say this would neccessarily be the same for later models? However it would just be a trip to the local dealer should you have any problems regarding codes.

This popped up on google and I think it made my mind up for me! But it's american, and ott! So would go as far as what they've done!

http://m.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fastmotoring.com%2Fwp-content%2Fgallery%2Fford-fiesta-2012-us-custom%2Fford-fiesta-my2012-accessories-3.jpg&h=UAQHPD_rR&enc=AZPyZAeeh1t70XGJFa-0uZgO7VeuNoVBmB-JK9_MP3wlPIAtIno8LI-ZCtff3Ys6OaL5RnAccZceAfb_kZtfWrkaFfKE7cNhnxSmPD1717hbyY7z7IBCbcppjfgfG-KiJokevr2Z5WxDmY6JOs9Qj3A0FVL17axjZW2rG5zZmfRbkSFVdmF6xjxINijNqcXfcCzQWxlNUwPacNjsnSN6yreFHSNH-ClGb_BYUHCfVRWawbdLk__Xre9fOdacgHbYHPrcl1MAHJF6JjnDZZMdHh3RsQ_SO-s0wCjpxgj8GrdKgr_9jk1a4w3lZGp_iMhnDeH8eP85ZD2RI5O47Xtq_tMx&s=1

But for sure steering v, stereo fascia (thinking the vents gloss black, then the rest colorado re to match the mk7), the side vents, the heating panel and the door handles. Just the usual bits! Like yours! Which looks awesome!

That's mental lol, does look unique though for sure! Had to be american ;)

Go ahead and do it mate :) Does make a big difference and is not that hard to do, certainly makes it 'different' to the others! Make sure to get some pics up if you do it :) And feel free to ask for any advice. Cheers! :)

There are no stereo codes on the MK7 so unplug and replug at your leisure ;)

This popped up on google and I think it made my mind up for me! But it's american, and ott! So would go as far as what they've done!

http://m.facebook.co...5O47Xtq_tMx&s=1

But for sure steering v, stereo fascia (thinking the vents gloss black, then the rest colorado re to match the mk7), the side vents, the heating panel and the door handles. Just the usual bits! Like yours! Which looks awesome!

That's mental lol, does look unique though for sure! Had to be american ;)

Go ahead and do it mate :) Does make a big difference and is not that hard to do, certainly makes it 'different' to the others! Make sure to get some pics up if you do it :) And feel free to ask for any advice. Cheers! :)

Yup they look very american - especially the seats.

The packages came in red or white.....

2012-ford-fiesta-custom-3.jpg

2012-ford-fiesta-custom-4.jpg ( Images from: http://www.caradvice...iesta-custom-4/ )

2012-ford-fiesta-trim-package-white.jpg

2012-ford-fiesta-sport-interior-white.jpg

(Images from: http://rumors.automo.../#axzz2JCCJt2fZ )

US Focus also has a similar pack too:

2rz80mr.jpg

Anyway, back to mine, lol, I found the security screw driver set and managed to take out the torx(?) screw at the bottom of the steering wheel 'V', but can't get the 2 screws out from behind the buttons.

Are they the same shape screw head and size?

So annoying - felt like ripping the sterring wheel off!

Its because they're much deeper so I can't see them, and it didn't feel like the screw driver was fitting in to the screw head, even though it was perfect for the bottom one. :angry:

I can confirm all 3 screws are the same size ;)

*sigh* so why are the top ones being so stubborn. Jees. *Storms out with screw driver again*

(cheers nath)

I had the same problems doing mine, which is where a handy head torch came in handy, and made me realise that the screw like you say is deeper and and at a different angle to what I thought aswell. I turned the steering wheel 90 degrees so I could 'lay' in the footwell and get behind and underneath it to get a better look at what I was doing, made a big difference being able to see where the screw was as opposed to feeling your way around it. Give that a try!

This sounds fun! Haha!

You've got a treat ahead of you mate. lol

I had the same problems doing mine, which is where a handy head torch came in handy, and made me realise that the screw like you say is deeper and and at a different angle to what I thought aswell. I turned the steering wheel 90 degrees so I could 'lay' in the footwell and get behind and underneath it to get a better look at what I was doing, made a big difference being able to see where the screw was as opposed to feeling your way around it. Give that a try!

That helped alot and the screws came out straight away once I could see them.

Now however the V didn't pop off as I thought it would. The centre of the steering wheel/horn area doesn't help as it overlaps the V.

Tried levering the V off but no luck. Beeped the flipping horn too - the neighbours must be thinking whats that kid doing now

You've got a treat ahead of you mate. lol

That helped alot and the screws came out straight away once I could see them.

Now however the V didn't pop off as I thought it would. The centre of the steering wheel/horn area doesn't help as it overlaps the V.

Tried levering the V off but no luck. Beeped the flipping horn too - the neighbours must be thinking whats that kid doing now

How funny lol. Yeah the V is awkward to get off, just plenty of short sharp pulls and bending. Thought I was going to snap it but then realised it's a bit more sturdier than it looks, so just have to keep going and working with it until it comes off :) It's all fun and games!

How funny lol. Yeah the V is awkward to get off, just plenty of short sharp pulls and bending. Thought I was going to snap it but then realised it's a bit more sturdier than it looks, so just have to keep going and working with it until it comes off :) It's all fun and games!

Ah right. I'll try again tomorrow - all new top gears on now :D