Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Getting Plastics Resprayed - *edit: Did It!*

iNath

My dad just text me saying 'body shop said dont do it. It's risky with it being plastic, appearance wise'.

What the hell.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2011fiesta

• PPKing

• iNath

• Preee

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad just text me saying 'body shop said dont do it. It's risky with it being plastic, appearance wise'.

What the hell.

Told you not to do what mate?

A body shop that can't spray plastic? Do they only spray metal panels on a car then and ignore the bumpers?!

Need to find yourself a real body shop!

A body shop that can't spray plastic? Do they only spray metal panels on a car then and ignore the bumpers?!

That's exactly what I thought - what about the bumpers.

I've rang them back and said just go ahead and do it.

If its that bad I can buy second hand interior plastics - no biggy - but they made a good job with my Asian/Aussie grille inserts so fingers crossed it should be fine

That's exactly what I thought - what about the bumpers.

I've rang them back and said just go ahead and do it.

If its that bad I can buy second hand interior plastics - no biggy - but they made a good job with my Asian/Aussie grille inserts so fingers crossed it should be fine

Good man :) I can't see there being a problem at all seeing as they are pretty much the same material anyway! They say how long it's going to take? Just as matter of interest, how much did they charge if you don't mind me asking?

Anybody know where i could get all the interior silvers from! im stuck with the horrible basic grey which needs updating

Told you not to do what mate?

Sorry Paul, I didn't see this on my phone earlier - mustta been scrolling too quick.

Good man :) I can't see there being a problem at all seeing as they are pretty much the same material anyway! They say how long it's going to take? Just as matter of interest, how much did they charge if you don't mind me asking?

I popped in tonight after work and it turns out the first bit he'd took out the bag to look at was the gear shifter surround - which to be fair is an odd material with a weird paint finish - its that weird type of metally/plastic (not actually if its metal or plastic!) pictured below.

When he looked at the rest he was fine and said oh right yeah no problem. Just reckons the shifter surround might flake etc.

Untitled.jpg

I tried to remove the V again tonight on an empty road with no housing around, and after several more beeps of the horn I still can't get the !Removed! thing off.

Wheres the horn's fuse so I can disconnect it and try one more time?

Take the steering column surround off and it makes it easier as you have a better angle to go in at

http://fiestawiki.ne...le.php?fileId=5

Just checked an online manual and the horn is fuse 32 in the engine compartment fuse box - so thats coming out tomorrow so I can rip off the V in peace

Well these pics aren't great - they were taken in the dark with the phones flash on so I'll get better ones on saturday in daylight, but for now, heres so far:

zIMG_2151.jpg

First issue - how do I get keep the secret compartment closed now that its been opened. Do i remove the little piece over the peg (pictured below), or do I glue the whole door closed?

zIMG_21531.jpg

Also struggled to refit the steering wheel V as the wires are so short I found it impossible to connect them back to the buttons - so the V's just sat here on my desk. (I hate the steering wheel being in darkness at night, I like the little red glow from the buttons).

zIMG_21532.jpg

P.s, the door handles have been refitted too. Complete finger print magnets now lol

Take the metal clip off the peg, push it in the hole so it clicks in to place then shut the flap locking the peg in the metal clip.

Take the metal clip off the peg, push it in the hole so it clicks in to place then shut the flap locking the peg in the metal clip.

Ahhhhhhhhh I see.

Cheers dude.

Nath to the rescue once again! :D

Heres a few more pics -

IMG_2161_zps4af8ef7f.jpg

IMG_2163_zps924d0479.jpg

IMG_2162_zps0ac842bf.jpg

IMG_2164_zps2d83bb8f.jpg

IMG_2166_zpsd0c331a4.jpg

Any suggestions on how to get the gear shifter surround black too - the body shop said due to the wierd metally-plastic its made from it would just flake if resprayed.

And is there any way to remove the plastic steering wheel cover (horn/airbag cover) as I'm having a nightmare trying to refit the plastic V, as theres only like 3mm of play in the wires to the cruise control and audio controls.

Or if I removed the steering column covers can I unplug the other end of the cables while I refit the V?

...is there any way to remove the plastic steering wheel cover (horn/airbag cover) as I'm having a nightmare trying to refit the plastic V, as theres only like 3mm of play in the wires to the cruise control and audio controls.

Or if I removed the steering column covers can I unplug the other end of the cables while I refit the V?

Any suggestions people - I still don't have the V refitted yet :( Its getting annoying not having volume buttons at my thumb tip lol

Plug it in upside down with point of V at the top. Once both clipped in flip it over.

Looking great! And try what Nath said, that should work a treat :)

I can't figure out how to get the damn air vents oot? I've read everything about it... But no where states where the tools go... Does it go to the outside of the ring, inbetween the spongey dash and vent surrounds, or inbetween the vent and surround? :S maybe it's cause I'is blonde... Anyone help meh?

My door handles look the dugs nuts so far like!

Today my resprayed V shape part of the steering wheel has finally been refitted!

*cough* with a little help from the dealership *cough* (much to inaths tutting and head shaking I'm sure :rolleyes: ;) ).

So anyhow, heres a couple of pics:

IMG_2204_zps4c327ff8.jpg

IMG_2201_zps412b3a41.jpg

rair vents- any tips for how they come out? i've tried everything i could think of! but they're not budging! even scored one with a bojo... :(