Get Your Club gear
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
needsoftware

Fiesta mk5 immobiliser problem - wont start engine

8 posts in this topic

Hi, I just tried to start my car but it wouldnt start. I put the key in and try turning it but it wont start and the immobiliser light still flashes like usual. I tried the spare key and the same thing happens. The car was turning on fine the other day. Any one had the same problem or know what could be wrong???

The immobiliser may not be disconnecting properly, are there are noises or lights when you try to turn it on?

No lights, no noises. I can't turn the key all the way around to start the engine because the immobiliser stops it.

The immobiliser doesnt stop the key turning i dont think, is the steering lock on?

The immobiliser doesnt stop the key turning i dont think, is the steering lock on?

If the key don't turn all the way round its the steering lock no doubt, just turn the wheel left/right a couple of times then try again. Should work then.

I didnt move the steering wheel and put the key in and the car started just like that. Its really weird however if it happens again ill remember to move the wheel a little before I insert the key. Thanks everyone for your help.

Ok guys. Try having it checked out. It sounds like the engine management system is not holding the keycode for the car key. A jump start will reset the ems but will eventually cause more damage to it. Jump start will start car and get you home. 

9 minutes ago, paddy99214 said:

Ok guys. Try having it checked out. It sounds like the engine management system is not holding the keycode for the car key. A jump start will reset the ems but will eventually cause more damage to it. Jump start will start car and get you home. 

It was the steering lock I believe - How did you dig up a post from 2008 :unsure: