#1 Dazzzz7

Dazzzz7

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Name: Daz
  • Ford Model: Mk7
  • Year: 2009

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:38 AM

Been having some issues with my key, for some reason, Lock button works, then unlock button wont work, and i have to open my car with the key manually or it happens the oppisite way, i can unlock with key then cant lock it !. I've tried resetting the key, but it doesnt do anything when i hit the unlock button. Any ideas guys ;) cheers

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 StewartM

StewartM

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 1.25 Zetec 3 Door

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:07 PM

Been having some issues with my key, ..................

Can only guess something going wrong with the remote ? Have you tried a new battery ?

I notice that on mine I sometimes need three presses to activate double-locking instead of the required two.

Then a couple of days ago I noticed that when I unlocked the car with the remote, the boot was opening as well. Didn't happen when I unlocked it with the key. I took the key apart, it's the normal remote not the hidden blade one, I gave all the parts a good prodding, I tried it a few times afterwards and it seems to be OK. Touch Wood.

Stewart.

#3 Dazzzz7

Dazzzz7

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:24 PM

Cheers for the post back, av not tried a new battery, its weird, its like a tempremental women, central locking button inside the car works, so defo the key that has the problem, ill try a new battery, just funny how one day its fine then the next its acting up

#4 Dazzzz7

Dazzzz7

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:30 PM

Can only guess something going wrong with the remote ? Have you tried a new battery ?

I notice that on mine I sometimes need three presses to activate double-locking instead of the required two.

Then a couple of days ago I noticed that when I unlocked the car with the remote, the boot was opening as well. Didn't happen when I unlocked it with the key. I took the key apart, it's the normal remote not the hidden blade one, I gave all the parts a good prodding, I tried it a few times afterwards and it seems to be OK. Touch Wood.

Stewart.

Changed the battery and its working fine ;)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users