Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wheel And Tyre Combinations

kendo nagasaki

Hi, I am soon after getting a set of alloy wheels to fit my car, a 2000 1.8 ghia 4 dr saloon, now I have been on a couple of websites and have seen 2 different size tyre fitments on a 17" rim, one being a 40 profile the other being a 45 profile, now I know that ford use 2 different size wheels, one being a 14" steel wheel and the other being the std 15" alloy, the tyre height between the 2 being slightly different, as my speedo is running 5 mile out at 50mph (or is this normal) should I go for the taller profile tyre?

To b honest its not a great difference.

The 45 profile will be a more comfortable ride but the 40 will be better handling.

Hi, I am soon after getting a set of alloy wheels to fit my car, a 2000 1.8 ghia 4 dr saloon, now I have been on a couple of websites and have seen 2 different size tyre fitments on a 17" rim, one being a 40 profile the other being a 45 profile, now I know that ford use 2 different size wheels, one being a 14" steel wheel and the other being the std 15" alloy, the tyre height between the 2 being slightly different, as my speedo is running 5 mile out at 50mph (or is this normal) should I go for the taller profile tyre?

see attached any help

tom

post-13968-0-92316600-1297807253_thumb.j

• 4 weeks later...

As I have now got my wheels on, I have been told they might not pass a MOT as the front wheels stick outside of the arches, the back ones are level with them, now the tread on the tyres seem to be just level with the arch, I have seen other focus models (mk1) with similar issues, now when I bought the wheels (secondhand) they had been on a MK1 mondeo, as I did a few online checks and the offset should be the same, I do not want to have to buy another set of alloys if possible, any help please would be grateful.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club